Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Making a claim

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2004, 02:21 PM
Blobster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making a claim

I'm with L+V at the mo.
Net premium is 650 after deducting 9 yrs NCB (or 75%). I guess that makes the gross premium around 2600.
I need to repair a bit of damage (own fault, no one else involved), but should I go via insurance or my own pocket?
My 300 excess will leave me about 1k to find (eating into my STI fund) if I finance it myself.
If I go the insurance route what is my gross premium (ie, before NCB is deducted) likely to increase by? Does the size of the claim make any difference to the renewal premium? For how many years afterwards would I have to declare the claim?
My NCB is protected so I would still receive a 75% discount on the gross premium.

I'm just trying to work out the cost in the long term.
E.g. A 20% rise in premium on my current policy would cost me around 130 per year extra for however many years I have to declare the claim. I'm also looking to change to an STI within the year which will be a greater premium again, and the true cost of this claim would have a higher effect when I do.

Hope this all makes sense.

Blobster
Old 10 March 2004, 11:03 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

For the cost of the repair I would make a claim, especially as your NCD is protected. That is a huge amount to pay yourself just to keep your record clean.

simb
Old 11 March 2004, 07:27 AM
gavnnik
Scooby Regular

For the most part claims seem to be recorded for 3 years and convictions/points for 5 years.