Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Note for all classic policy owners

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2004, 12:40 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Note for all classic policy owners

Did you know this? I had forgotten about it till I answered another thread just now

Not alot of people realise that when you take out a classic policy its different than a standard policy in that it doesnt use your NCB in any way. Its a fixed price for you on that vehicle for a given number of miles per year. Thats all fine and dandy BUT and its a pretty big BUT...because its not a normal policy it will not be recognised by your next insurance company. So when you sell the Griffith in three years time and buy a scooby your next insurers will say you have to start your NCB from scratch because you havent had a recognised insurance policy in the past two years. I was caught out like that. The only way I could get round it was that during my TVR period I also drove a company car and the insurer accepted that as continuous no claim driving and allowed full no claims bonus....It can be painfull...