Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

talk me through my claim please

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2003, 03:14 PM
Student Bloody Lamo.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I had an accident on a wet night and ended up putting my 99 V plate turbo into a wall.
low speed stuff, about 15mph, walked away no harm done, thank you God.
air bags didnt inflate, wheel was pointing at a funny angle, bonnet is straight, rad has lifted, bumper was thrown from the car.
bu66er.
The engine still ran pukka (I was sat there with the radio on and the heater running as it was cold and raining), the steering was ok as well cos we had to turn onto the flat bed and off again back home.
The off side was absolutely perfect, the damage appeared to be limited to the nearside front wheel and some cosmetic parts.
I rang the ins. co. and they took it to a local insurance approved body shop for the work.
I rang for an update and they said the ins. co. waanted to inspect it with independant assesor as the quote from the body shop was

£6k + the dreaded
Someones taking the whassit here arent they?
So I have to wait 72 hrs for the assesor`s verdict.
Assuming a £10k value (dont flame me), where do I stand with regard to having the wassit taken from me? Can I moan about the bodyshop even though they havent done anything yet?
It doesnt fill me with confidence that they are taking the wassit before anything is even done!
Im full NCB fully comp with protection and never made a claim before this.
Can anyone offer me some hope or advice or even share there own experiences please.

SBL.
Old 08 December 2003, 03:16 PM
Student Bloody Lamo.
Scooby Regular

sorry to be vague with the details, but I dont want to prejudice myself in anyway...
Old 08 December 2003, 05:16 PM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

Ask your insurers to get a quote from a good scooby bodyshop, I doubt it would be more than that! It's in their best interests. You could even ask your own assessor to come up with a quote with the car at its current location.
Oh, and the bad news, expect your insurance to go up. I made a claim for 1K and they got every penny back over the following years.