Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DOES DIRECT LINE COVER YOUR WRX?

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2003, 11:55 PM
Dick Dastardly
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
confused Have tried to get a quote for a new 03 (bog standard) WRX from Direct Line. Were very competitive, BUT only had WRX 2.0I (00) or WRX 2.0T SL (03) listed.

Am concerned that they think I should be specifying WRX 2.0I (00) instead of 03 model but haven't got ordinary WRX AWD listed. Obviously the 00 model is not turbo. Know that minimal differences with SL from standard but am concerned that could invalidate insurance. Have got to buy it online as they are 80 quid dearer on the phone!

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do about it?

Have tried Liverpool Victoria for quotes but are coming out 200 quid more expensive.

Any help would be appreciated. Supposed to be collecting car on Thursday.
Old 04 November 2003, 09:52 AM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
have you looked at there model listings on there website?
Old 04 November 2003, 03:07 PM
Dick Dastardly
Scooby Regular

yeah.

They have 2.0i WRX AWD (00) and 2.0T WRX SL AWD (03) listed.

Pretty big spec diff between the two. Have insured car as SL but with notes on the insurance policy to say that my exact model is approved and covered by underwriters.

Cheers
Old 04 November 2003, 03:12 PM
Jerry*
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Personally I would put it in as the WRX 2.0I(00) as the new 2003 model is essentially the same as the 2000 model (apart from a few cosmetic bits and the recent engine tweek to 222bhp)... most insurers will rate the 2000 model (Original Bug-Eye) and the current Impreza III (2003- model) the same. Suppose its best to check - but then again many of the muppets on the end of the phone wouldn't know either.

Its a bit crap that they have to list it like this as it should be listed as an Impreza WRX AWD - which is its correct name.

Its just like the fact that no insurance quote engines have the 2003 WRX STI Type UK on their systems yet, even though its been out since Feb 2003 !?! They only have the WRX STI Type UK and the WRX STI Type UK "Prodrive Style" from 2002...

This is one of the reasons why so many of them get confused if you want to insure the WRX STI Type UK (2003 model) and opt for the PPP. They simply go in and select the "Prodrive Style" model thinking that its the PPP'd version and mis-quote everybody.

All good fun !!