Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NU Direct and Exhaust Mods ?!

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2003, 01:41 PM
anoble1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Does anyone else have this problem, Called NU direct to say that I am going to change the backbox, the woman on the phone then says I only have 2 options on my screen 1. Silencer change. 2 Manifold change. I said fine its a silencer change.

Thinking about the future here but what if I want to change the centre section or downpipe etc, does it mean that if its not on their system they wont charge me for it?

Anyone else have this issue?

Cheers
Adam
Old 27 October 2003, 02:16 PM
pedro72
Scooby Regular

Question

I have the same problem. Havent changed yet but I am going to put in centre, back & d/pipe. Only problem the bloody woman at NU Direct didnt know what I was talking about! She gave me the same answer. I'd like to think if they only have two options for mod'ing the exhaust, then if you change all 3 sections u should be ok. Still, Im not 100% convinced. Would u mind me asking what they quoted u for the changes?

Pete
Old 28 October 2003, 07:31 PM
Trumble
Scooby Regular

Wink

I have to say that I have been there with NUDirect on this one too.

As I was only changing the BB it didnt bother me but I do have a decat center in the garage and doubt that it would be covered - they did ask if there was a performance increase to which I replied negliable.

As such if I needed to get the SS BB replaced I had to stump up 60 quid. - Fair do's its all about risk.

But ironically I have resigned with them as they were the best I could get given the wheels (STi8s) I also have.

Plus with the same XS as L&V or Subaru Ins they were significantly cheaper.

Basically - the conclusion I came too was if you want a cheap premium get a tracker and it would go down to 800 quid from 1200 in my case.

T.
Old 28 October 2003, 07:43 PM
anoble1
Scooby Regular

I am paying £1200 quid and that is with a tracker, having said that I only have 1 Yrs NCB..

They have quoted me £107 increase if I change the backbox... But I have to assume that if they dont recognise the other components ie centre section and downpipe etc that they cannot charge for it..But then again its probably not wise to assume anything!

The firestorm arrives tomorrow so I guess iam going to have to stump up an additional £107 quid!
Old 28 October 2003, 09:37 PM
pedro72
Scooby Regular

I am paying a similar premium, I have no tracker live in London but have full NCB. I suppose it might be worth asking NUD what exactly the "manifold" change really is? My feeling is that if they really mean the d/pipe, which is where the significant increase in bhp comes from, then at least we know where we stand!

Gd luck with the Firestorm,

Pete