Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WRX on wife?

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2003, 12:15 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Hi guys,

I have this crazy idea

My fiance and I are getting married soon, and we need a cool ride to take us back from the venue, plus we are both sort of petrol heads, so I am (in my infinite wisdom) looking into buying an impreza

Nothing wrong with that, except the insurance... I keep getting stupid quotes of 5k etc Never owned a car in the UK, so no no claims, although I've been driving in Sweden for three years and I'm also on the fiance's insurance.

We both commute to work, although I use the train and she commutes by car. Now, at the moment we have a renault clio 1.2 (it was cheap for a 17 year old when she got it) and I've been saving up for this wedding for a year so haven't been able to afford a car..

Anyway, her being a lady with five years no claims brings her insurance down, even with me on the policy.

Now, my idea is that I'm gonna take over the Clio so I can start building up my no claims, and she's gonna own a WRX from 1997 or something like that. She'll take the Subaru to work every now and then, but apart from that we wouldn't really be using it that much except for weekend driving. Ie, she'd still be using the Clio a bit more than me (we drive about 350 miles a week on average, with her commuting being about 200 miles).

This means that in total we'd be doing less than 10000 miles per year in the subaru, and somewhere around 17-18k miles in the clio.

Is it legal for me to own and insure a car where I do not do the majority of the miles (I might do say 30%), and for her to own another car that we'll both be using about as much?
Old 24 June 2003, 06:20 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing wrong with what you want to do, aslong as you inform the insurance company who is the main user and transfer the VRD's into the appropriate names then you will have no problems.

Try some of these numbers if your ringing around

clicky

simb