Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to save money on a MY03 STI insurance policy

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2003, 02:43 PM
revitt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Just organised the insurance for my STI which I pick up later this month.

First time I rang they couldn't find the MY03 on the books and so used the STI 01 on and it gave me a premium increase of 239.40 over my current Legacy. As I didn't have the reg number at that point, I was only looking for price confirmation, I didn't think too much about it.

Rang my dealer to get a reg number and asked for the exact designation of the vehicle. My local dealer rang subaru insured who said to use STI type UK non-prodrive.

So rang my insurance company again and gave them the model as above and it showed 2 possible models to choose from "STI 01 on" or "STI 02 type UK". I confirmed that I have purchased the MY03 STI with the new light shape and the person I was dealing with spoke to his underwriter to see which one to use. The answer was to use the "STI 02 type UK" as it was the only UK specific model and they assume their data hasn't been updated yet and the 02 model is continuing on, albeit with minor body modifications.

This gave me 2 benefits, first the premium increase is now only 122.85 and I don't need a tracker. I know it is factory fitted which could be the reason I didn't need to provide proof.

SO if you are about to insure your new STI try to get it done as an STI 02 type UK

Mike