Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WRX - STI - 18Yr - 0 N.C.B

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2002, 11:17 AM
DJRealM
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hav just odered my WRX STI and am going on my uncles traders policy if he finally gets it sorted casue i am only 18 and have 0 NCB if i cant get on it is there any insurance companies i can go with that wont charge me more than my car ??
Old 18 July 2002, 12:06 PM
adamm
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

nope - they will bleed you dry due to your age and type of car
Old 18 July 2002, 02:10 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Definitely a no no! Ive just turned 21 and im finding that hard. However, i know this guy who is 18 and has a P1. he is paying something stupid like £4000 a year so if you got the money behind you then you can do it! Whole in the pocket though!
Old 18 July 2002, 03:45 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

ROFLMAO!
Sorry has to be done cos any insurance co in its right mind wont touch you, its hard enough to find insurance for the over 30's let alone someone who's 18.
The way insurance co's are going to look at you is "18, v young, no NCB, high risk, high performance car, inexperienced driver.... will cost us a fortune, dont touch."
I would, along with many others on here, suggest that you start with something a little less powerful and get use to the roads before going for something with this much BHP and attraction, it will be the death of you if your not careful....
Also, the traders policy will have astranomical excess and trade value on the car only, ie not worth much, and depending on which type of WRX STi (new shape or old?) fuel and running costs may cripple you
Basically, if you live in a place where there is no car crime, everyone does 30mph in 30 zones and 70mph in 70 zones you should get insurance , as it is the insurance co's wont want such a high risk driver on their books and even being a named driver on a policy and you being the owner (which i think is now illegal) will put you in deep **** too
Sorry to take the P155 but you may find it hard to get insured on a hot hatch, let alone a turbo'd 2ltr like a subaru .

Tony

[Edited by TonyBurns - 7/18/2002 3:46:30 PM]
Old 18 July 2002, 08:07 PM
James_W
Scooby Regular

Red face

Best of luck getting insured on the above car if you dont go on the traders policy, but I dont think you've got much chance Im struggling to find a quote better than £2700 f/c on a 97/98 UK turbo at the moment and Im 20 with 3 years no claims. Go for something like a VTS if you have the money, much cheaper all round and still quick....
Old 19 July 2002, 11:26 AM
DJRealM
Scooby Newbie

Well i have had a Saxo VTS for about a year now and everyone has them now i need somet just that little bit better thats why i am gettin a Scooby i wont kill my self in it i am not a typical 18 i dont race any dick that pulls up and rvs his engine. I will just have to ring around and find out but hopefully my uncle will of sorted the traders out by monday.
Old 19 July 2002, 01:39 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Good luck!

James try Tesco, they wasnt bad on F/C