Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone ran into my car, what should I have to do??

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2002, 06:39 PM
Victoria
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

On the way to work this morning a man in a van ran into the back of my Scooby. He immediately admitted liability and said he would get it sorted. It didn't look that bad at first but on further inspection of a ramp it is really bad, floor pan crumpled, boot won't shut etc.

He works for a local body shop at a Ford dealership which doesn't have a very good reputation, but obviously they want to do the work themselves.

When I told them I wanted it done at a main dealer their insurer contacted mine to say they would not admit liability and it would take at least a week to get paperwork sorted, let alone the car fixed, and they want a full inspection of the car.

What do I need to do next? The boot will not shut so I can't put the alarm on, therefore I am not currently insured for theft.

Should I leave it all to my insurer,or what? Any advice would be great.

Victoria
Old 02 July 2002, 06:47 PM
rich a
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leave it to your insurers,then you wont get a bodge job done at ford.Get it taken to scooby garage as proper paints and parts will be used.Other driver is at fault so no prob with insurance claim

rich
Old 02 July 2002, 07:25 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yup, he hit the back of you thus liable, means basically that he doesnt stand a chance cos he shouldnt have been that close to you in the first place!
Get a quote, ensure you take pics of your car then pass it on to your insurance co, find a nice subaru dealer who do lots of repair work (probably most of em ) with a good reputation and get the repairs done there (they wont go ragging your car off as they have plenty more to choose from )

Good luck in getting it sorted

Tony