Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Elephant Warning

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2002, 07:54 PM
IFG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

For those of you insured or thinking of getting insured with Elephant, take note of the small print regarding renewals :-

"To ensure that there is no interruption in your cover, shortly after the renewal date of the policy we will automatically apply for payment of the premium due from the card details we hold on record. If you did not wish to renew and we have applied for payment we will make a full refund on receipt of proof of
alternative insurance and the return of your Certificate of Motor Insurance"

So if you don't renew with them make sure you tell them before renewal date !!!.

I don't see why you should need to prove to your old insurance company that you have insured with another insurer in order to get back a payment for a service you didn't request.

Cheers, Ian.
Old 13 June 2002, 11:54 AM
lucky_strike
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good to know - I'm with Elephant and their whole admin processes seem a little biased towards getting the most money from the customer - cheap to buy in the first place maybe but quite a few hidden charges

That said they have quoted me an additional £153 on my premium from a 4Motion Golf to a new STi (I'm six months into the year so this will be about £300 in total) - more reasonable than I was expecting.
Old 13 June 2002, 12:01 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
THis nearly happened to me:

they send an email saying "your premium for next year will be £***"

If you want this, do nothing if not email us, so I did

the next thing I know is I get an email saying thanks for accepting the quote we will be debiting the account on %%%%% date!"

I called up and said NO WAY, they asked me to send the policy back.

But fair enuff to them, they didnt debit the account and it was cancelled as I requested.

Care needed though