ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

silence, help!

Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2012, 07:55 AM
Ballyscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default silence, help!

i have a 95 wrx with aerial on rear quarter, so yesterday i was listening to radio and all was working perfect with aerial retracted, station tuned in etc, then today i cant pick up any fm/am stations not even my ipod transmitter thingy. i also notice aerial is staying down and theres no sound, not even the fuzzy sound, so i unplugged aerial from headunit and plugged it all up again,aerial retracts fine, but still no radio pick up or noise?? the pioneer headunit displays/functions all seem normal, just hit a brickwall with this one,
Any help/answers would be appreciated,
Old 17 February 2012, 09:35 AM
Ballyscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ballyscoob
i have a 95 wrx with aerial on rear quarter, so yesterday i was listening to radio and all was working perfect with aerial retracted, station tuned in etc, then today i cant pick up any fm/am stations not even my ipod transmitter thingy. i also notice aerial is staying down and theres no sound, not even the fuzzy sound, so i unplugged aerial from headunit and plugged it all up again,aerial retracts fine, but still no radio pick up or noise?? the pioneer headunit displays/functions all seem normal, just hit a brickwall with this one,
Any help/answers would be appreciated,
checked headunits fuses and they too are good,does anyone have info on how the aerial sends/receives to headunit, eg wiring, or what u think it could be thats preventing any signal
Old 13 April 2012, 12:43 AM
Dave Hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you get this sorted? I'd be checking the blue "remote" lead from the head unit which sends +12v to power up the aerial when the head unit is on and also powers up a signal amplifier to amplify the aerial signal for the head unit.
Old 13 April 2012, 01:41 AM
Ballyscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog
Did you get this sorted? I'd be checking the blue "remote" lead from the head unit which sends +12v to power up the aerial when the head unit is on and also powers up a signal amplifier to amplify the aerial signal for the head unit.
well as i took out stereo for a wee look i noticed a sticky purple substance all over head unit

as i was removing the cup holder unit, i then clicked,, daughterhad squeezed her ribena carton as she was trying to makeit fit into cup holder, and blew the headunit, cheers for replying, much appreciated. cheers,
Bally