ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

help please urgent!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2012, 01:12 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please urgent!!

hi,im in the middle of removeing my old double din stereo out of my 98 sti type r,im replaceing with a kenwood kvt522 dvd single din,......
wiring.......coming from the car the iso has seperate yellow(battery)
and seperate red(acc ignition).
from my headunit these two wires are connected together.
do i have to connect these seperately to the iso in car?or both from stereo into one of the pins on iso rather than two seperate pins?(as there is only one red wire to connect with a small spade connector(iso pin connection),if so do i connect to the yellow or red??
also the old headunit had two earth leads fixed with 2 screws(seperate) under the gearstick surround,i only have one from the new headunit,does this have to be connected to the car iso,or earthed to the gearstick plate?(as this has the small spade connector on as if it should be pluged into an iso pin?
not very good at electrics so sorry if i sound a little retarted.
Old 06 January 2012, 10:05 PM
sunnyjones003
Scooby Regular

ok no problem here its only small... right then.........

red and yellow is power but the yellow wire is the memory for your tuner stations, so if you can only connect one of the wires (red or yellow) i would connect the yellow as it would give you power the the unit and save your preset station.

as regards to the earth wire connect that into your iso block, you dont need the wire going to the gear stick, as you plug your antena to the unit that will act as your earth aswell.

hope this helps you
Old 07 January 2012, 04:56 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sunnyjones003
ok no problem here its only small... right then.........

red and yellow is power but the yellow wire is the memory for your tuner stations, so if you can only connect one of the wires (red or yellow) i would connect the yellow as it would give you power the the unit and save your preset station.

as regards to the earth wire connect that into your iso block, you dont need the wire going to the gear stick, as you plug your antena to the unit that will act as your earth aswell.

hope this helps you
thanks,done that today,everything works ok,apart from the main bloody thing,the motor that pulls the screen in and out of headunit seems very tired and it just dosent seem to go all the way in or out with hitting the button numerous times,i think its faulty!