Will this HU fit?

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2011, 08:38 PM
LewisScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Will this HU fit?

Hello folks:

I am useless with stereos which wasnt really a problem til now. I have had the car ('00 STI Type RA) over a year now and not had a stereo in it. TI bought and am awaiting delivery of a JVC Double DIN HU as per the link below and wondered if anyone knows for sure that it will or wont fit and if it does, what do I need to do to install it? Should I have an OE cage in in the hole below?

Any help would be massively appreciated!

JVC Double DIN

Old 26 September 2011, 02:41 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LewisScoob
Hello folks:

I am useless with stereos which wasnt really a problem til now. I have had the car ('00 STI Type RA) over a year now and not had a stereo in it. TI bought and am awaiting delivery of a JVC Double DIN HU as per the link below and wondered if anyone knows for sure that it will or wont fit and if it does, what do I need to do to install it? Should I have an OE cage in in the hole below?

Any help would be massively appreciated!

JVC Double DIN

I think you'll get a cage or mounts with the new HU. You can probably find all the documents for the new H/U online, manual, install guide, quick istall guide etc.

You probably need an ISO adapter lead. £10-£20 depending on manufacturer and where you buy. Can't recall what I took out to help fit mine, might have removed the glovebox to manipulate the wiring and pull speaker leads or pre-outs around out of the way etc...

HTH

J.
Old 26 September 2011, 07:50 AM
LewisScoob
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply

I'm hoping an install guide comes with the HU as it's brand new.

I had read elsewhere that only certain brand stereos fit into Subaru but that may have been related to newages only.

I will update once the stereo arrives, I was only pre empting problems. I should have a harness for it here but I'll order one up if needed.
Old 26 September 2011, 11:48 AM
MattJ85
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will need to buy a double din cage for the hole so the headunit can slide in. If you email the guys at caraudiodirect.co.uk and then will advise

You will need a harness between the subaru wiring plug and the ISO (International standard) plug on the headunit

All stereos fit into a hole as they are either single DIN (one small rectangle hole) or a double DIN (two single din's) like yours. If you want steering wheel controls to work then it will just be certain units
Old 26 September 2011, 03:41 PM
LewisScoob
Scooby Regular

Thanks Matt, i'll drop them an email.