ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Now the sub! GB 270

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2011, 09:11 PM
darrenx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now the sub! GB 270

Hi all have got speakers sorted (one day I will buy an amp) but have just put my old active vibe sub in the boot and well there is no point because the sound does not get through!!

So now I need to buy a sub for GB270 I have been told to buy one with two subs as this is better than one, is this true what will give the sound I want? I would pref one with amp built in.

Thanx
Old 22 August 2011, 10:06 PM
Davey L
Scooby Regular

I fitted a Fli 1000W 12'' active sub into my bugeye. Works like a dream and sounds great. Even picked it up on offer from Halfrauds for abou £90
Old 23 August 2011, 07:28 AM
juggler
Scooby Regular

unfortunately with scoobys the boots like an air tight seal so u pretty much conceal the sound in the boot as soon as it shuts which is a major bollocks !!!!!!
so when u do buy a sub go for something decent !!!! spend some extra pennies for some proper bass !!!!!! and buy a decent amp that actually put out the rms not some bull****e that just slap on !

im just fitting four 12s in the boot the box is the size of the boot but im porting it through the centre of the back seat with a fibreglass horn !!!!!! i do like my ears to bleed but hey come up with your own inventions experiment your be suprised what you can do !!!!!!

check my garage pics for ideas fella !!!
Old 23 August 2011, 09:41 AM
RE54
Scooby Regular

open the ski hatch, and youll hear the sound alot more.

i have a 10 kicker and amp, sounds the nuts. currently for sale as the car is gone, but with the hatch open, it really was plenty of bass
Old 23 August 2011, 06:14 PM
juggler
Scooby Regular

good if u aint got a classic !!!!
Old 24 August 2011, 08:25 PM
imprezajon
Scooby Regular

line the boot and side panels with sounds deadening as well, stops the rear quarterpanels rattling..
Old 02 September 2011, 04:17 PM
darrenx
Scooby Regular

thanx all am i better buying a seperate amp with sub than buying one with the amp stuck on it?

Has anyone tried one of the ones which go inside the cabin under the seat?
Old 03 September 2011, 01:40 AM
topman2180
Scooby Regular

Ive got 500watts rms 10inch sub rockford fosgate and a 500watts rms kenwood amp both @ 4 ohms and you can hear it in the car and outside of the car.My amp is small enough to go under my seat but we decided to bolt it to the back on my sub box.
For me the bass is just loud enough , I think a 1000w rms would probably make me happier but for you it depends how loud you want it and how much you got to spend. It vibrates the rear panels and happily runs on standard battery without capacitors and doesnt dimm the headlights when the bass is rumbling.

Last edited by topman2180; 03 September 2011 at 01:44 AM.
Old 03 September 2011, 02:04 PM
juggler
Scooby Regular

dont never buy amp and sub combo there gash fella !!!!! always buy separate and buy the best you can afford !!!!!
steer clear of the cheap nasty stuff (edge , vibe , pyle, kenwood , lanzar, etc etc !!)
the best cheaper subs are jbls for a definate ...............
always good to go for a mono amp for the sub an all !!!!!

only reason for saying kenwood is new stuff is crap old stuff a1 m8 as its so mass produced now the quality isnt there anymore !!!!!
Old 13 September 2011, 12:38 AM
shanew
Scooby Regular

thats a bit of a harsh judgment there juggler, vibe do some very good amps and have a good dealer backup should you have any problems. i'll agree that edge and pyle are crap. never used anything kenwood made so i cant comment on them but as for Lanzar, the cheaper end look a bit tacky but there generaly well made, we were running Lanzar Vibe 1200D class D monos into RE XXX's and hitting well into 150's in street (db drag classes) and the Opti series of amps are in a class of their own. Mono amps are not always the only option for subs either. A 4 channel amp can be bridged to two channels at 2ohm and run a 1ohm DVC sub better and cheaper then a 1ohm mono block in most amp ranges. All depends on what the budget is and whats on offer at the time.