Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

how to hook up the electric aerial(WRX)?

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2002, 10:59 PM
MB2001
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just fitted my sony CDX-M610 head unit to my new MY97 WRX but can't get the electric aerial to come on. I have only one wire left from the head unit(coloured blue)which I dont know what its for, but there is a single red wire not plugged into anything but after trying it I still have no joy, the guy I bought the car off does not know either as he had someone else remove it.
Old 24 April 2002, 11:05 AM
YorkshireSimon
Scooby Regular

You need to the check the tech specs on your Sony head unit. Find a wiring diagram for it if you can, but to the best of my knowledge, almost all head units these days have an output wire to give power to an electronic ariel.

On the scoob wiring loom, it should be a blue/white cable (I think!) that takes the feed from the head unit.

Sorry I can't be any more specific. I just know that the system I installed in my MY02 last week, needed this ariel booster attaching and the system I installed had an output just for that job.

Cheers

Simon
Old 24 April 2002, 11:58 PM
MB2001
Scooby Newbie

Thanks, I also have the frequency booster fitted in there and it has the standard aerial connection but also has a red wire with a bullet connecter crimped on it going nowhere, I even tried hooking that up to the spare wire from the head unit but still no joy.