ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Removing door panels..

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2011, 03:54 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing door panels..

Just after a bit of advice really.. soon binning the front door speakers in my 2005 blob wagon.. adaptors on way and currently browsing 13cm speakers... wondering if someone could advise me on removing door panels to remove speakers??
Old 05 July 2011, 04:47 PM
cjquicksilver
Scooby Regular

there a little plastic cover in the plastic handle/pull recess and theres a screw in there, undoo that! lift the whole switch plate out and unplug it from the bottom, theres another screw (front doors) in the middle were the handle recess was, undoo that, then just unpop the poppers that hold the card in place, do from the bottom as there is two plastic type hooks at the top of the door that the card once unpopped needs to be lifted over, cards also have a little screw type plug top lift on the side of the card

hope this helps
Old 05 July 2011, 05:03 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cjquicksilver
there a little plastic cover in the plastic handle/pull recess and theres a screw in there, undoo that! lift the whole switch plate out and unplug it from the bottom, theres another screw (front doors) in the middle were the handle recess was, undoo that, then just unpop the poppers that hold the card in place, do from the bottom as there is two plastic type hooks at the top of the door that the card once unpopped needs to be lifted over, cards also have a little screw type plug top lift on the side of the card

hope this helps
Perfect thanks fella...
Old 05 July 2011, 05:08 PM
cjquicksilver
Scooby Regular

no worries
Old 04 August 2011, 07:48 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

So now have adaptors and 13cm 3 way pioneer 180w speakers to fit this weekend so hoping for better sound come monday morning!! would have really liked 2-way speakers but these pioneers came at a bargain on flea-bay.. hoping i don't snap any door poppers taking panel off and also that i find the annoying rattle in the door when the window is fully up..
Old 10 August 2011, 12:44 AM
kewe
Scooby Regular

Tip - I found it much easier when trying to get the door panel back on by having the window down. This makes it easier to hook the top of the door panel over those clips cjquicksilver mentions.
Old 10 August 2011, 04:59 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kewe
Tip - I found it much easier when trying to get the door panel back on by having the window down. This makes it easier to hook the top of the door panel over those clips cjquicksilver mentions.
Good tip, well i managed ok but the speakers i fitted are coming back out so i'll try that window down method next.. i fitted some 3-way pioneers and they're sh1te!! lol currently browsing caraudiocentre etc for replacements.. any recommendations? not looking to spend over say £50-£60.. also hoping the 13cm pioneers i fitted to front doors might transfer to back doors? can't find any adaptors for the rear doors anywhere.. anyone done this at all?

looking at these? http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...c2_p-21525.htm

or possibly these? http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...c2_p-21525.htm

Last edited by Rez; 10 August 2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10 August 2011, 05:48 PM
kewe
Scooby Regular

From what I've read, mostly on here, you're actually better getting the adaptors to be able to take the 6.5" (17cm) speakers in the front doors.

The upgraded rears don't appear to add that much, so probably be better to spend a bit more on the fronts if possible and get the sound you want.

I'm looking to get the 6.5" front door adaptors and looking at these speakers:-
http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...-1_p-21369.htm

Just my thoughts but I'm no ICE expert

PS Just remembered I have 13cm Alpines in the front of mine and they're pretty poor mate.
Just about to do my own thread on these.

Last edited by kewe; 10 August 2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11 August 2011, 03:35 AM
RE54
Scooby Regular

get the usa adaptors, to all 6.5 speakers, get a good set of componets, so they will run well off a headunit, or even better an amp.

if your running the stock headunit, any speaker is going to sound crap.

im selling a set of hertz 6.5 comps, cost me £160, im selling car, i could do you a good deal on all the bits, amps, speakers, adaptors, wiring etc. just ask.
Old 11 August 2011, 11:41 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RE54
get the usa adaptors, to all 6.5 speakers, get a good set of componets, so they will run well off a headunit, or even better an amp.

if your running the stock headunit, any speaker is going to sound crap.

im selling a set of hertz 6.5 comps, cost me £160, im selling car, i could do you a good deal on all the bits, amps, speakers, adaptors, wiring etc. just ask.
Now then fella.. I am interested but not in the amps? I was going to buy those us adaptors but the dudes feedback is fooking terrible.. lol
Old 11 August 2011, 11:48 PM
RE54
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rez
Now then fella.. I am interested but not in the amps? I was going to buy those us adaptors but the dudes feedback is fooking terrible.. lol
i got them, took forever to get them delivered. i also modded them so there sealed, as there not a solid peice of material, so i filled the void with putty, and also added foam to insure a nice tight fit.

see the ICE forsale section, there advertised there.

thanks, rez