ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

2009 WRX-S stereo change

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2010, 09:50 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2009 WRX-S stereo change

Ok im looking at the JVC 830 as ive had JVC before and been happy with them, has good features Giga MP3 dual Bluetooth handsfree etc.

Question about installing

The silver bit around the normal stereo im presuming its this i need to flip off, Its tighter than a nats chuff, is it a case of pull till it unclips ?

Once i have this off i presume i just unscrew 6 cd changer headunit and pop new one in,
Will i need an ISO adaptor to marry up with the Subaru connectors ?

Also there seems to be another adaptor so i can keep steerign wheel controls any advice on this ?

Last question really, the door speaker in the WRX and i presume same in the STI what size are they, the guys trying to flog me some Pioneer ones for it, is there a vast diff of we replce the standard ones or are they ok ?

Thanks all

Ted
Old 06 July 2010, 10:20 PM
Magistus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try following this guide to remove the stereo, might be a bit ott but it does cover the important parts.
Yes you will need the appropriate ISO adaptor. As far as the remote goes I guess that is up to you, personally I would install the adaptor for it.
No idea about speaker sizes but I guess that they would be the same size, aftermarket speakers should be better than the oem ones but you might be happy with the stock speakers. Install the new HU and see what you think, if you still want to uprate the speakers go for it then.