ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

15" BOOT BUILD ?

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2010, 10:29 PM
NEILB1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink 15" BOOT BUILD ?

Has anyone got any pics of a subaru sallon with a 15" sub and amps in there boot, I Curently have the box designed to drop to 20hz and this will not fit into my boot.

So i would like to see some pics or advice on this please, NOT INTERESTED IN 12" subs has to be the 15"

Thanks
Old 02 May 2010, 09:05 PM
audioscape
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NEILB1
Has anyone got any pics of a subaru sallon with a 15" sub and amps in there boot, I Curently have the box designed to drop to 20hz and this will not fit into my boot.

So i would like to see some pics or advice on this please, NOT INTERESTED IN 12" subs has to be the 15"

Thanks
why do you want to have a vented enclosure playing down to 20hz? in a saloon you will get serious mounts of rattle, as far as i am aware the lowest tuned box in the uk i know of is ian pinders (iceman) box tuned to 22hz and peaks at 27hz but this was worked out onthe resonate frequency of the vehicle.you can get 12 to play like 15" if you put them in a bandpass
i would design the box with the port going through the shelf but sealing completely, you could get away fitting a single 15" bandpass in the boot tuned to about 32hz but would be better getting the resonate frequency of the vehicle then designing the enclosure around that if you want to make some serious impressions. sealed bottom with cone facing shelf the top part of the enclosure would be with the letter box port through the enclosure. did an install using a 15" c series solobaric many moons ago. also did 4 12" in bandpass
have u checked the resonate frequency of the car?
makes for gr8 hair tricks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FXmD...eature=related
Old 02 May 2010, 09:16 PM
NEILB1
Scooby Regular

the sub i have is a ground zero 1000 rms, I dont want to get ride as this is a serious bass sub and have had some fun with it,

Do you have any pics of the kind of box you are mentioning please, Dont really want to go cutting holes in my shelf though
Old 03 May 2010, 12:57 PM
audioscape
Scooby Regular

that sub is the nuts lol now understand pmsl... bass monster then will hunt through old photos later see if i can find any did the install b4 digital cameras!
you will need to do your shelf though! if not will sound crap and full of rattles

i would tune the box to about higher than 20hz this would reduce the enclosure and port size or go band pass! have look here this will show a line drawing of the enclosure i am talking about single reflex bandpass enclosure also has enclosure and port calculators on here so you can work out what will fit, do not forget to double face the wood that holds the woofer the stronger this is the less vibration and movement on the mounting face and this will equal more bass and better reponce.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes4.asp