Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

What do you reckon to this idea?

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2001, 06:07 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have two amps that I want to show....

get a length of metal tubing round or square... and weld one end to a plate (like a base) so that it can stand up... then cut it off at say 20cm long on a 45 degree angle and then weld another plate on just big enough to sit the amp on... so that it looks like the amp is sat on a 45degree angle on a post and the cables run through the tube so you dont see them?? that way I dont have to damage the side panels... and the amps dont get scratched... (maybe even out of stainless steel or aluminium???)

David
Old 14 September 2001, 01:58 AM
Nate-old
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Use MDF or ply , make a new 'false' floor with a spare wheel hole , fit all amp racks etc to the 'false' floor , once trimmed with carpet , same colour as boot , it looks like it was standard fitment .
I can't see for what reason you will damage the side panels ...... and if you want to be flash with the amps , mount them under a perspex cover , light them up with neons and do cool them with fans (only needed if you conceal them , as they will get hot!) .
just an idea ....... All above materials are readily available from car audio shops/DIY stores.

Hope this helps.

Nate.

[This message has been edited by Nate (edited 14 September 2001).]
Old 14 September 2001, 09:05 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
David,

Sounds original, and I suspect it'll look the dog's danglies!
Old 14 September 2001, 10:04 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nate...

Been there seen that done that... To be honest I think they look tacky.. besides my last boot was unusable... and I want something different... and as the amps will be higher up.. the boot is still practical!

Chiark..

Thats the idea I was hoping for.. gonna call in at machine mart and B&q tommorow.. as i think they sell nice looking metal tubing... (all mine in my scrap box is scratched or rusty..

May even get it powder coated same as the amps... there is a good place in morley that did my old cars wheels.

Might even post some pics if it looks ok!

David