Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Noobie ICE advICE :)

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2002, 06:07 PM
Raster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, i've had my my94 wrx for about a month now and although i'm extreeemly pleased with it, being into my hi-fi it must be said that the sound system, the squeakers inparticular, aren't up to much.
The headunit is an aftermarket JVC unit, i'm not sure how good it is as the squeakers (make:"Nippon" or similar) are really quite poor.
I'm after a reasonably good sound, and was thinking of replacing the speakers first, than adding an amp/sub in the boot and if neccessary replacing the h/unit. Is this a good approach?
Some advice on which speakers/amp/sub to get would also be appreciated, and where to get them. Dunno how much i need to spend on an all this really, but ideally not more than a few hundred (excluding head unit)rather than thousands and i'm really after some that'll fit existing holes without any hassle - i believe 6" speakers seem to be a popular choice.

Quite a few questions there, but i'd rather ask real car enthusiasts for their oppinions than drive up to H*lfords and ask for their advice, and possible not getting the best sounds for my pounds.

Thanks,
Geraint.
Old 18 March 2002, 09:50 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I would heartily recommend the Infinity 605cs speakers for the fronts. Fit like a glove. They are components and are available from most places including H*lfords