ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

may of been asked before?

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2009, 04:49 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default may of been asked before?

sorry in advance if it has. the quality of sound in the car is sh1te as i am sure we all know. now i do have a sub knocking about from a previous car, (not the best but enough) but no amp as this went with the previous motor. i dont really want to attract a smashed window with a better head unit but just wondered could i uprate the quality of sound considerably with the current head unit by just purchasing better speakers all round? if so, which ones? and also in 2 minds about the sub i have. not too bothered about buying an amp to power it if i can significantly improve on what i have currently. any feedback is appreciated. cheers, Lee
Old 08 November 2009, 05:51 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

If the speakers are the same as a bugeye then here is a link to a link for the adaptors I usedwhen I replaced my speakers.
https://www.scoobynet.com/ice-2/7751...se-newage.html

I fitted a set of Kenwood speakers in the back, got them off e-bay supposidly with adaptors for the front. The adaptors with the speakers were not even close but with the small adaptors from the link fittedthe back door's perfectly. The front's were replaced with a component set from Halfords (Fusion I think). Okay maybe not the best but for cost and ease of getting they work fine for me. You will need the 6 1/2 inch adaptors for the front and the 5 1/4 adaptors for the rears.

Last edited by 360ste; 08 November 2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08 November 2009, 08:51 PM
Dease
Scooby Regular

The standard head unit is half the problem, it had naf all power in it. Bin it and get a new one thenu uprate your speakers