Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

help needed, install, grp god anywhere?

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2009, 06:09 PM
oxfordRA
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool help needed, install, grp god anywhere?

Hey all. I am intending to put quite a decent install into my RA. having been round all the shows etc etc etc, Id really like to have it all installed using grp, moulded into my car instead of just plonked in.

Have any of you guys had this done? Anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 09 March 2009, 12:13 AM
audioscape
Scooby Regular

if you call building the demo car for kicker and boston acoustics then yes i can help previous life but still build stuff for people have been asked to do a project for vibes new convertable porker out of carbon fibre. doing my install at the moment.

Last edited by audioscape; 09 March 2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 09 March 2009, 09:46 PM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

Why buy a stripped out lightweight RA then fill it with heavy ICE? Odd choice of base vehicle!
Old 09 March 2009, 11:25 PM
audioscape
Scooby Regular

who said you have to use heavy equiptment if you use speakers with neodymium magnets you can get good quality sound with no weight. amplifers use a digital 4 chanel front and sub say vibes new mini or alto by the time you have done that all that it leaves is a light weight grp enclosure or if you have the cash go for a carbon one. the componets weigh less than the std.speakers by about half, the amps are so small they can be mounted under the dash so cable lenghts are kept to a min and reduced weight. the only thing that may put a little weight would be the sub depending on which you go for. emphaser do a light weight sub neodymium magnet

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye
Why buy a stripped out lightweight RA then fill it with heavy ICE? Odd choice of base vehicle!
Old 10 March 2009, 08:13 AM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

Heavier than the nothing that Subaru planned, plus what about sound deadening? The RA iirc has less sound deadening as std so won't the system vibrate it to death. Dynamat/noise killer/brown bread/marley flashing tape all weigh a fair bit!
Old 10 March 2009, 04:08 PM
audioscape
Scooby Regular

you can also use spray sound deadening we use this is the spl cars where we can not get flat sheet not many people in the uk use spray sound deadening we used it loads in the states. and who said it would be bass heavy you can have an sq system. not every audio nut goes after bass, but good quality sound.

components 320gm amplifier vibe 4ch 1.8kg cables 500gm sound deadening 1kg = 1 litre enough to do both doors there are more products out there than just the well known brands, like hush mat. sub enclosure inc sub 10-15kg depending on which woofer you use. so between 14-19kg

i suppose it is all down to how much you weigh as well you could have a skinny person or a larger person and the over all weight of a skinny chap with audio could weigh less than the person with no audio.

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye
Heavier than the nothing that Subaru planned, plus what about sound deadening? The RA iirc has less sound deadening as std so won't the system vibrate it to death. Dynamat/noise killer/brown bread/marley flashing tape all weigh a fair bit!