door speakers 2002 wrx

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2009, 12:27 PM
stevieob111
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door speakers 2002 wrx

couple of questions.

1. What size door speakers should i get. are they 13cm ones and does it require some kind of spacer? my 95 needed a spacer and i just made one out of MDF.

2. What type of speakers should a get for the parcel shelf? the 95 was stupidly hard to change the speakers because the parcel shelf was made of metal and i didnt want to cut it to fit bigger speakers. so shoud i just put 13cm ones in there aswell?

3. what are the recommended ways of filling the hole that the double din head unit leaves when swappin for a single din unit. i think i want to mount turbo timers and maybe boost controler units in there so guess ill have to make somthing that will fit rather than buy somthing.

thats about it lol

Cheers
Old 29 January 2009, 02:26 PM
Dease
Scooby Regular

search speakers and bugeye for a full breakdown of what you need
Old 29 January 2009, 03:09 PM
big gal
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevieob111
couple of questions.

1. What size door speakers should i get. are they 13cm ones and does it require some kind of spacer? my 95 needed a spacer and i just made one out of MDF.

2. What type of speakers should a get for the parcel shelf? the 95 was stupidly hard to change the speakers because the parcel shelf was made of metal and i didnt want to cut it to fit bigger speakers. so shoud i just put 13cm ones in there aswell?

3. what are the recommended ways of filling the hole that the double din head unit leaves when swappin for a single din unit. i think i want to mount turbo timers and maybe boost controler units in there so guess ill have to make somthing that will fit rather than buy somthing.

thats about it lol

Cheers
Mate I've got a set of 6.5 components in the front doors of my bug, had to have some spacers made up, they sound sweet as a nut. As for speakers on the parcel shelf would not bother, just get a nice sub in the boot with a couple of amps, sorted. As for your last option have a llok on Scooby net the do a single din pocket.

Last edited by big gal; 29 January 2009 at 03:11 PM.