ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

New speakers fitted - thanks for the FAQs

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2001, 10:25 PM
AJC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Just a quick note to say thanks to Chiark for his ICE FAQ's. I'd come to the end of my tether with the standard front speakers so I'm now upgraded to a pair of Infinity 652i's which dropped right in.

Without the instructions on how to get the door panel off I think I would have been there for days. In the end the whole thing, including fitting some Dynamat inside the doors, only took me about 2 hours.

For £60 and a couple of hours work this is well worth undertaking by anyone who's fed up with the cheap and cheerful cr@p that Subaru call ICE.

BTW - it almost all went horribly wrong as the screw underneath the window control panel on the driver's side was a complete b1tch to undo. My advice to anyone doing this for the first time on their car is to have a very good screwdriver and have someone else there to push on the other side of the door so that you get maximum engagement. If you round off the slots in the screw head then life suddenly gets very complicated.

Andrew
Old 29 July 2001, 09:48 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The screw you mention needed to be drilled out in one of my doors and replaced as it was corroded in on a new car! - fine now though.
Old 30 July 2001, 09:44 AM
stevencotton
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of those screws was also an **** to take off on mine, I left it for an hour and used a lot of WD40. Always use the right screwdriver or it'll round like a roundy thing!

Steve.