Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

!! HELP PLEASE ASAP !! (ice wiring)

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2008, 08:20 PM
scoobdizzle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !! HELP PLEASE ASAP !! (ice wiring)

can some one help me quick... i wanna hear theese subs but there pissing me off . i got the twin vibe 12 inch cbr. and the vibe mono block sub . on the sub i have two + + and two - - . on the amp i have just a + and a -. so how i connected them as in + + & - - on the sub then another lead to one of the + and - ... and the other way i tried was + to - on the sub then the other + and - goes to the amp... and all i get is this like wining nosie or jus a really hi pitch bass sound??? what is this??? can someone please help
Old 16 June 2008, 08:33 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

u need an amp that will power both, as in seperate connections for both. Unless i read it incorrectly, and i couldnt really understand it, lol, have you just put BOTH the wires FROM the subs, into the ONE connection on the amp? as this will prob overload and not play. unless you have the remote/rca cables running the same side of the car as your power cable which is connected to the battery? as they need to be seperate from the power cable,...try connecting just ONE of the subs to the amp as u normally would, i.e ONE sub's + and - going to the amps ONE + and -, then maybe at least one sub would work?

ideally....get rid of it all, sell it, and buy a twin 12" Fli active bassbox, which has the amp built in, so you then have to just connect the amp to the battery and headunit, forgetting all the wires from the amp to the subs, as its already done built in for you!

link for cheap ones:

FLI Trap 12 Twin Active 2 x 12" Subs Built in Amp on eBay, also Sub-Woofers Tubes, Speakers, In-Car Entertainment GPS, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 18-Jun-08 16:05:00 BST)

if that sells, this shop sells fli products direct so they will be listing more
Old 17 June 2008, 05:35 PM
scooby51
Scooby Regular

Take the + and - from the amp to the + & - connectors on one of the CBR's subs connections. Then take two small wire runs from the + & - you have already connected to the other set of + & - on the other terminal on the subs.

Be prepared for LOTS of kidney damage, they will hurt.

any questions, pm me and i'll help