Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Help from pioneer stereo users pleeeaasssseee!!

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2008, 12:17 AM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Help from pioneer stereo users pleeeaasssseee!!

Hey guys, I'm gonna try and get to the point here and cut a very long & boring story down to as short as I can! Basically, I've owned a Pioneer DEH-P7500MP head unit for about 5 years now, and it started to go wrong back in january. It was coming up with an "Error A0" which according to the manual is an electrical or mechanical failure but luckily I had extended the warranty back when I bought it, to a 6 year warranty, so it was still covered.....so I put it in for repair. The repair place have had it since 19th January and finally wrote it off last week cuz they couldn't get hold of the replacement parts they needed and because I'm such a fan of the older style pioneer stereos, I bought another one off ebay. The one I bought is a Pioneer DEH-P7700MP, so it's quite similar to my old one I guess. Anyway, it all works beautifully, apart from one thing that is SOO F***ing annoying!.....which is what I hope somebody can help me with!!!.......

Basically, when I used to have my old stereo in random play mode, it used to randomly skip to a track when I pressed up on the directional control, and just skip to the next track in sequence when I pressed right. This new one now tho, just goes back to track 1 when I press up on the directional control......and it's absolutely doing my head in!!!!! Alllllll I wanna do is be able to skip RANDOMLY to the next track by pressing a button and not actually waiting for the currently playing track to finish. But I am having no luck!!! When I press right it just goes to the next track in sequence, and when I press up it goes back to track 1 all the time!!! Arrggghh!!! I have been over & over all the settings and can't find anything that seems likely. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm using MP3 discs by the way, if that makes any difference, with all the MP3s just burnt straight onto the cd.....no folders or anything. Cuz I know if you have folders on the disc, then pressing up goes through them so this random thing wouldn't work. But yeah.....sorry for the long winded post just to ask a simple question. 'Simple' doesn't seem to be the right word tho! Bloody stupid thing! lol

Cheers guys