ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

cheap speakers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2007, 08:43 PM
slaturbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheap speakers!!!

well i needed to change my speakers in my classic wrx saloon 1994, i did ask for sizes but no reply......
any way, 6" speakers from maplins are on offer at the mo for £8.99 a pair so thought id buy 2 pairs and put them in. couldnt beleive the state of the standard paper speakers there was hardly anything left of them!! no wonder they sounded pants!!! the rears went straight in no problem at all even the grills that came with them fit perfect so in the bin for the faded old covers.

the fronts have a plastic bracket fitted, so unsrewed that, test fitted the new ones, just needed a little bit of plastic cutting from the back of the bracket and screwed them together and in! (you will need to cut the standard connector blocks off)

what a difference, i keeping things pretty standards sound wise for now so anyone wanting a direct replacement speaker nice an cheap with good quality check the link out

it was playing on my mind to check the front windows make sure they go all the way down, they will go down but caught the back of the speakers slighty, so just added a small spacer the width of a pound coin

Maplin > Riesen 6 Inch Car Speakers

Last edited by slaturbo; 03 December 2007 at 05:04 PM. Reason: .