ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

"sealed door builds"

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2007, 10:29 PM
Seamaster
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "sealed door builds"

Thats right ! I want to make some sealed door builds to bolt onto the doors. I not want to have the issues of using the inside of the door as a poor enclosure.

The speakers are Morel Pulse 6.5's fed from a Calibre Competition series amp (great oldskool type amp)
I reccon using a MDF and fibreglass enclosure I might be able to create a great sound. Doors tend to screw things up.

Just wondering what size enclosure would be ideal?? will make amock up and measure the amount of litres
Old 10 February 2007, 08:00 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

I'm not sure, but I think that most car speakers (*) probably are designed to run with an infinite baffle (i.e. not a sealed enclosure) as very few cars have sealed enclosures to put the speakers in.

Then again, morel's are very high end speakers, so they may be different, but definitely check that they are designed for sealed first. You may be able to find the t&s parameters for them on google, which may be able to tell you frequency response if ran as a sealed unit

* Subs excluded

Last edited by Henrik; 10 February 2007 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11 February 2007, 09:40 AM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

rather than messing up the door card to do this, why not make kick pannel builds, easy on the passenger side but a little bit more difficult on the driver side due to pedals, the extra distance will also help with the imaging and you can also angle the speakers in the builds to get a more "on axis" position and thus increase quality
Old 11 February 2007, 03:20 PM
Seamaster
BANNED

The speakers will be angled to allow more "On axis" Kicks are a "no go". ok it might not be that "SQ" but with the speaker quality (When was the last time you saw Morels ? !!) and a good amp driving them , they should do the trick !

I have a SQ install in my other car.

Henrick . the beauty is I build as sealed and then drill if required !! But I reccon its a better way of doing it than using the doors ?? its more controlled as I can have total access to th enclosure and wont have to worry about damp etc