Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2001, 10:53 AM
turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im trying to fit my kenwood MD player into me new scooby - (95 WRX). But theres just a heap wires in the dash wiv no plug on the end.

I have the MD player manual so im ok for that end but need help on the other end.

Argh???????
Old 18 November 2001, 05:43 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Turbo, there's no easy answer to this one. My (limited) experience has told me that wire colours change pretty damn frequently in the Impreza when they change model, etc.

You're best off with a multimeter and trying to work it out. If you've really got no connections whatsoever, personally I'd pay someone to sort it out. Sorry that this isn't better news, but even if someone has the same year car there is a chance that the wiring colour code will be different. They seem to change it pretty often.
Old 18 November 2001, 06:41 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Is this to plug in the speakers to the head unit?

If so, they can be traced by taking the front door cards off and looking at the rear speakers in the parcel shelf.

Write em all down (eg. white= Left front positive, red= Left front negative, etc.....)

Chiark, did you ever upload my file of Scooby wiring diagram?

This may help too......

Dan
Old 19 November 2001, 01:21 AM
turbo
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys, i got it sorted in the end, almost.

I had a meter at home (im a maintenance electrician) so i went the long way round. Its working ok but i couldnt find a switched 12v so i had to link across from the permanent 12v which means me music keeps going when the ignition is off. Bummer.
The electric arial was no problem tho, stroke of luck there methinks!

turbo*