ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

What ice system you running?

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2006, 08:02 PM
tyron.c
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What ice system you running?

Just wondered what sort of systems you guys are running in your scooby?

Im in the early stages of installing the ice in my MY00, but will be running Alpine head unit/screen, alpine dvd, alpine tv tuner, jl audio 6.5" 3 way components up front, phoenix gold 6.5" comps in rear, JL 10w7 sub, all powered by a phoenix gold 5 channel amp.
Old 29 March 2006, 05:22 PM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

I have a Nakamichi head unit, Boston acoustic Z6 front speakers, Jl audio 10W7 sub in a JL enclosure, 2 x Phoenix Gold Xenon amps and a PG 215 EQ, lots of dynamat and top of the range streetwires cabling.
It sound pretty good to me

I doubt you will have enough power to utilise the W7 to it's best, you will need at least 400wrms to get the best from it, if not more!
I'd also junk the rear speakers and spend the extra cash on better fronts or another amp to power the sub seperately.

Last edited by scoobysmiff; 29 March 2006 at 05:26 PM.
Old 29 March 2006, 09:00 PM
tyron.c
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobysmiff
I doubt you will have enough power to utilise the W7 to it's best, you will need at least 400wrms to get the best from it, if not more!
I'd also junk the rear speakers and spend the extra cash on better fronts or another amp to power the sub seperately.
Better fronts than the 6.5 " jl audio 3 way components? u shure?
Ive just fitted the items ive had hanging about from a previous install, so wont be spending any extra cash.
I definately agree about the power on the sub, i used to run it with about 500rms, but as my 1 year old daughter will be in the car with me most of the time i just want good sq, not spl.
Old 04 April 2006, 06:29 PM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

More (decent) power to the sub will give you better SQ, it's not just about volume although it will go louder, it means the Amp isn't running as hard to deliver the goods if you know what i mean
There are better components than the JL's but it depends on what you want (and i do like the JL's by the way) you will also need to match them up with suitable ampplification. Vr's are good, the Xr's are very good but the Zr's are Superb, i would have had these if they were available when i got my Bostons, and to be honest if your going to spend loads on your components i.e over £400 you would need to add in an EQ as well to get the best out of them.
You say you have 3 ways, are these the Xr's then? if so i doubt you will be dissapointed with them, i've used a 2 way set up with these before and was quite happy for a while. How and where are you going to mount the 4" mid?
Old 11 April 2006, 02:48 PM
P1_5CBY
Scooby Regular

running alpine unit up front, JL 650-csi comps running fully active off a JL 300/4, 2 x JL 12w3v2's in sealed enclosures running off a JL 500/1, top notch streetwires cabling, shed loads of dynamat.

Sounds pretty good
Old 12 April 2006, 11:47 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

I somehow think I'm not in the same league here but...

Clarion 728 CD-tuner...
<watch this space for front amp.> Haven't got it yet but maybe a Genesis profile 2.
Infinity Perfect 6.1 front components. (I really need that amp). Tweeters mounted in the door, lower and in front of the mid-bass.
Kenwood KFC-WDA69RC 6x9 subs/amp/controller in the rear shelf with the controller velcro'd in the center dash, underneath the ashtray.

At the end of the day it's not going to blow the doors off or my ears out but I can hear the subs in the car but not from outside and it hasn't cost me too much.

Car is 'wired' for boot installed aux-in - probably an MP3 player or a carPC and the front pre-out sits next to the handbrake in the center console, ready for the amp.

J.

Last edited by vindaloo; 12 April 2006 at 12:04 PM.