ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Nakamichi? any good?

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2005, 03:48 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nakamichi? any good?

anybody got any Nakamichi Ice in their scoob? is it worth the extra wonga?
Old 03 December 2005, 04:03 PM
eve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by C2forWRX
anybody got any Nakamichi Ice in their scoob? is it worth the extra wonga?
im running a pioneer 9600 at the min but soon going to put my cd 400 in as i think this unit has better sq as does a lot of other people, they dont look all that which can be a good thing,as in you money goes in to quality rather than flashing lights and gimmicks. i believe i have read on talkaudio that the cd500 can have some reliability problems,oh and theres nothing wrong with the pioneer im just going as sq as i can
Old 03 December 2005, 06:52 PM
Bram
Scooby Regular

If you not wanting flashy lights but a good performer as in Radio receiving and quality CD reproduction, the Nakimichi has it
Old 04 December 2005, 11:52 AM
Kael
Scooby Regular

No other word for it. Fannytastic.
Old 04 December 2005, 12:41 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Nakamichi MB100, was one of the first in the country all those years ago

Also the RDS model which was like rocking horse poo. And had to choose Orange illumination at the time.. cost me around £1k when I bought it
Old 04 December 2005, 09:15 PM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

I've got a CD400 in mine and i have nooooooooooooooo problems with it at all.
the sound quality is second to none for the price imo, and mated to quality amp's and speakers you will not be sorry with your choice.
You buy these to sound good over anything else, you can hear where you have spent your money, which is so much better than being able to see what you've spent it on, flashing lights, and wonderfully coloured displays etc.
I mean what do you buy an in car CD player for, to listen to or to look at!
Old 05 December 2005, 09:31 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

There's a guy on ebay able to do stunning deals - I got an email from him yesterday as I once emailed him about Nak stuff. If you're interested, I'll pass the info on. He is apparently trying to become the official UK distro, though I think BBG might have something to say about that

Trending Topics

Old 05 December 2005, 09:59 AM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

i'd be inclined to agree, with that statement, BBG would not be happy about that at all, they spent a long time getting Nakamichi to sort themselves out for the Brit market, i doubt they would be happy with someone trying to poach the brand off them.
Old 25 December 2005, 06:46 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chiark
There's a guy on ebay able to do stunning deals - I got an email from him yesterday as I once emailed him about Nak stuff. If you're interested, I'll pass the info on. He is apparently trying to become the official UK distro, though I think BBG might have something to say about that
i think i have seen him on ebay. i also recieved an email about all nak heads for 50% off
Old 25 December 2005, 07:14 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Thumbs up

Hi,I've got the CD400 too

as everyone has said,the Naks are pretty basic looking,but the sound reproduction is amongst the vey best.

You need to be a bit careful with them tho as they can be fragile,I was sold 2 duff units before I got one that worked properly.

Also your Cd's will need to be in tip-top condition,they don't like even slightly marked discs and it will tend to jump and skip hitting and bumps etc

....don't let me put you off tho,I'm well pleased with mine.In fact its one of the few h/units that doesn't look jutty-out odd when fitted to a newage car

Jon
Old 25 December 2005, 08:50 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

so who is a similar brand to nak? in terms of sound quality. i dont think i could put up with it skipping and being unreliable with imperfect disks
Old 26 December 2005, 11:17 AM
eve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by C2forWRX
so who is a similar brand to nak? in terms of sound quality. i dont think i could put up with it skipping and being unreliable with imperfect disks
you could try a becker mexico pro,some clarions and some of the higher end pioneers/alpines i/e pioneer p9, alpine 7998 or mcintosh
Old 27 December 2005, 08:32 PM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

the skipping isnt that bad at all, you cant play CDr's though as they will F**k the laser. McIntosh is a goos alternative, look on Talk Audio .com and see what the guru's on there say about it all
Old 03 January 2006, 04:22 PM
evolutionice.com
BANNED

nakamichi: looks like a goodmans sounds like a bang and olufsen

depends what your into.

Have a look at the Sony 9950. Looks flashy (even has a short video of a rally subaru) but it sounds the business. BTW I hate Sony because they sound garbage but this unit is the exception. It sounds fantastic and has all the right stuff for a decent system.

Linky:

Sony UK NC9950

Last edited by evolutionice.com; 03 January 2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04 January 2006, 08:59 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

i had a nak, the sound quality was out of this world, smooth and crisp, very involving, got rid though because it wouldnt play my cd's i did on pc, only played originals. cost me £400 from dimma!!!!

nevermind, had various units over the years, have to say alpine wins hands down in my opinion, sound, functions, quality etc. got the 9853r with alpine ipod controller kit. Cant fault it - just needed abit of reading to set the Eq's on it. Has more options than a chinese takeaway!!!

tim
Old 14 January 2006, 03:50 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Ive got a CD-45z which is old now... but it still sounds great!

If you arent after the swimming dolphin funky display - i think they are the best head units around.

Blends in with the dash nicely - easy to use.

Jza
Old 14 January 2006, 08:52 PM
Bram
Scooby Regular

With the point who makes similar unit, I have a Becker Mexico pro fitted at the minute. Great radio and no probs with CD even burnt copies.

Sounds great and I like the complete band width not some 6 best picks, if it can receive it it will show it. It even found all BBC 1-4 and local without aerial connected. Great security meant to be unbreakable.

Down side a bit bland to look at and fitting into a Scoob. It uses German Din sizes, expect much grinding to fit in recess, even the plastic trim needs modded. It also sticks out a bit even when fitted not as neat as the Alpine I had previous to it (I have a STi bugeye).