ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Ebay Touch Screen - Advice

Search this Thread

Old 27 November 2005, 07:59 PM
miles25
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Touch Screen - Advice

I have just spoken to a friend who has just won an auction for a touch screen pioneer 7500 dvd in-dash player, delivered from Bijing.

It seems amazingly cheap. Is he missing an obvious pitfall?

Sellers rating seems high, and the only problem I can see is getting radio stations (I understand a converter can be bought). Is there anything else likely to be wrong with it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Old 28 November 2005, 08:31 AM
WaltonWRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by miles25
I have just spoken to a friend who has just won an auction for a touch screen pioneer 7500 dvd in-dash player, delivered from Bijing.

It seems amazingly cheap. Is he missing an obvious pitfall?

Sellers rating seems high, and the only problem I can see is getting radio stations (I understand a converter can be bought). Is there anything else likely to be wrong with it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
I have seen these, i noticed that the feedback is sellers only, no one seems to have left feedback about the units? I also sent to sellers a couple of questions..... no reply. Maybe you let us know if your friend gets his unit....
Old 28 November 2005, 10:17 AM
magicdudey
Scooby Regular

Good luck and hope you get a bargain!
My advise is only buy stuff like this if you can afford to loose the buy it now money! Nothing is for free.
Make sure he is covered as a paypal protection upto £500.
I used to have a Avic system, sold it as the motor on the swcreen packed in twice. Alpine is the one to get.
Old 28 November 2005, 02:36 PM
miles25
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys

That was the other thing that worried me, he doesn't accept paypal. There's a bit in the description at the bottom of his advert that says due to him being based in Beijing he cannot accept paypal?? Didn't know if this was true or not but it worried me.

He's paying for it tomorrow, so I guess we'll find out. I'll let you know what happens
Old 28 November 2005, 03:14 PM
burbs
Scooby Regular

There are 2 Paypal accounts you can have in China, one where you can only send and receive money from within China and also there is the normal Paypal account which can send and receive money anywhere in the world, the normal Paypal account so to speak.

The thing that would worry me however is the guys negative says that he paid for the item within the hour, therefore he almost certainly paid via Paypal. If thats the case then he must have the Paypal account that means he can send and receive money from around the world.
Old 28 November 2005, 04:42 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

I would *not* complete on this. It smells very funny to me.

Look at the history of feedback. The stuff they've sold before has been located in Coventry, and they've accepted paypal for it.

Now they're in China, and they're not accepting paypal, plus they're selling high value navigation stuff that's deeply desirable at rock bottom prices?

If it's too good to true, well, it is. *Never* pay using western union, you have no protection. Same for bank transfers.

I would strongly advise you and your mate to research the items that they've bought and sold before by walking through their feedback, and consider what to do. I personally wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.
Old 28 November 2005, 05:01 PM
scoobytoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chiark
I would *not* complete on this. It smells very funny to me.

Look at the history of feedback. The stuff they've sold before has been located in Coventry, and they've accepted paypal for it.

Now they're in China, and they're not accepting paypal, plus they're selling high value navigation stuff that's deeply desirable at rock bottom prices?

If it's too good to true, well, it is. *Never* pay using western union, you have no protection. Same for bank transfers.

I would strongly advise you and your mate to research the items that they've bought and sold before by walking through their feedback, and consider what to do. I personally wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.
as above,
personally i wouldn't touch this with a barge - pole!!
i wouldn't pay using direct payments as you won't get a guarantee on your money..
quote on his advert.
"money back guarantee if returned within 3 working days of receipt of payment" it wouldn't even get to you from bejjing in that time worry about returning it

just looking at his feedback, has just sold mobile phone yesterday but took PAYPAL payment

your money m8

Last edited by scoobytoo; 28 November 2005 at 05:12 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 28 November 2005, 05:14 PM
Napedog
Scooby Regular

Dont buy, that western union thing is bollocks I had sum1 trying to buy something from me and tried getting me too use it, ebay also said it was a blag. Personally I wudnt buy anyfin off ebay, too much fraud and scammers, not worth it.
Old 28 November 2005, 06:15 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw this when the auction was running, theres something dodgy about it if you ask me, its no money for that piece of kit, but its a lot of money to lose! I wouldnt touch it.
Old 29 November 2005, 09:51 PM
miles25
Scooby Regular

Well it turned out to be a fake!!!!

It was a hijacked account, luckily (and mostly thanks to this post) no money was sent). Thanks to all who replied, and big thanks to Chiark for all his advise

Check out the user feedback on the thread now!!!
Old 30 November 2005, 04:09 PM
WaltonWRX
Scooby Regular

Looks like you saved ya m8 some money then....