Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Fitted infinity 6000cs to MY02.

Search this Thread

Old 01 November 2005, 05:41 PM
paulg1979
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Fitted infinity 6000cs to MY02.

I've recently fitted 6000cs front door speakers to my bugeye. It actually went quite smoothly thanks to Ru's excellent step by step with pics. Sound is greatly improved but still hasn't got that bass and power there. I'm running them off the silver Sti HU. I'm not sure whether I should amp the original HU as I like the look of it or should I buy a Decent double din HU? Any ideas? Thanks!!
Old 01 November 2005, 06:18 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulg1979
I've recently fitted 6000cs front door speakers to my bugeye. It actually went quite smoothly thanks to Ru's excellent step by step with pics. Sound is greatly improved but still hasn't got that bass and power there. I'm running them off the silver Sti HU. I'm not sure whether I should amp the original HU as I like the look of it or should I buy a Decent double din HU? Any ideas? Thanks!!
well changing the head unit will get alittle more bass power, but will have to have a high power int amp ie; alpine
to get the bass power i belive your after you will need to try and fit some power 3 way or compn speakers in the rear shelf as these will use the space in the boot to make more of a bass sound, or the other way is to get a small sub and a 200rms watt amp, jl audio make some very good sub's that dont need a very big box to produce a powerful bass sound, if you need any more help or advide feel free to pm me, i have a lot of exp with car systems and i have a newage car myself, so i may have info thats usefull to you.
Old 01 November 2005, 06:26 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

The 6000cs speakers don't produce much bass, i tried them without my bass speaker when i first fitted them and i think the standard speakers had more bass but once you use a seperate bass speaker it doesn't matter
Old 01 November 2005, 06:40 PM
paulg1979
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by explore
well changing the head unit will get alittle more bass power, but will have to have a high power int amp ie; alpine
to get the bass power i belive your after you will need to try and fit some power 3 way or compn speakers in the rear shelf as these will use the space in the boot to make more of a bass sound, or the other way is to get a small sub and a 200rms watt amp, jl audio make some very good sub's that dont need a very big box to produce a powerful bass sound, if you need any more help or advide feel free to pm me, i have a lot of exp with car systems and i have a newage car myself, so i may have info thats usefull to you.
Thanks for the info. I used to have a full ICE system in my other car and it sounded really good i just want to keep the weight down. I've seen a couple of people with the infinity basslink which is basically an active sub box. Do you know what this is. Would you recommend it? I really want to amp my speakers though. Even with a 4 x 50 watt would sort it out. I can turn the HU right up. I like the power down low.
Old 01 November 2005, 06:42 PM
paulg1979
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Granby
The 6000cs speakers don't produce much bass, i tried them without my bass speaker when i first fitted them and i think the standard speakers had more bass but once you use a seperate bass speaker it doesn't matter
What size sub did you go for. was it a nightmare getting the power cable through the engine bay into the car or did an ICE dealer fit it for you?
Old 01 November 2005, 06:48 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

What size sub did you go for. was it a nightmare getting the power cable through the engine bay into the car or did an ICE dealer fit it for you?
I used a Bazooka active bass tube which has a 10" sub with 150w amp

and yes it was a pain to get the power cable through but i managed it in the end
Old 01 November 2005, 06:53 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

to be honest any door speakers wont produce any decent type of bass due to the shape of the door and it being made out of flexable metal, you would need to dyomat to get any half des sound, what i would rec would be for the front some nice componants 3 ways would be best (sub,mid,high) and for the rear doors some 2 way or 3 way coix and as big and as deep as the door will fit. i know you dont get alot of depth in the fronts but the backs arnt that much of a prob as there more room to play with.
or another way
3 or 2 way compn in the front and not sure of the size cant remember what size you can go up to but get hold of the biggest that will fit 2 free air subs you have to make sure there free air cos there work the best and you wont blow them as there made for use with out a silled box and have these running off an amp atleast 100w RMS now amp type the best amp for power and money and will last for years that i rec would be a mono MTX road thunder very very good.
now to head units
i wouldnt bother with an expensive double din waste of time and money, get yours self a good single din and the bit you can get from halfords to fill the rest of the gap.
Head units not to get
pioneer (you dont get so much bass from these as there set up for euro style of sound)
sony (good sound but wil age very quickly laser's arent that great will get jumping and skipping after around a year and a half, plus inter amp's tend to blow if your running powerfull speakers off them)
and any cheap unit under £80 (just not worth it and look cheap)

Head units i would rec
Alpine (well you just cant go wrong sound will allways be ex so much to tweak and set up to how you like to hear your music or mp3's/wma and verp powerful int amp's)
Claron (very very good sound cant be fiddly to use)
kenwood( nice sound but cheaply made)
Blupunk (very nice sound easy to use can take some getting use to)
Old 01 November 2005, 07:02 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the info. I used to have a full ICE system in my other car and it sounded really good i just want to keep the weight down. I've seen a couple of people with the infinity basslink which is basically an active sub box. Do you know what this is. Would you recommend it? I really want to amp my speakers though. Even with a 4 x 50 watt would sort it out. I can turn the HU right up. I like the power down low.
active's dont really do it for me but some people like them just means the box or tube has a built in amp, and trust me with an alpine you wont need to run you norm speakers off an amp, i did at first then thought i'd see what it would be like coming out of the head unit int amp and i was amazed the quilty was alot better plus can mess around with all the freq for each speaker, i will not go back to 2 amps now just use one for the 3 12" subs and the head unit for the rest
Old 01 November 2005, 07:07 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

i have 3 power cable going though the bulkhead into the engine bay, not really that hard just use the same gromet hole that the fuse box or the electics use these drop out just behind the glove box, thing to do it get a philips screw driver and do one wire at a time, tape with gaffer tape the wire to the long screw drive and gently push it though.
where abouts are you based?
Old 01 November 2005, 07:19 PM
paulg1979
Scooby Regular

to be honest any door speakers wont produce any decent type of bass due to the shape of the door and it being made out of flexable metal, you would need to dyomat to get any half des sound, what i would rec would be for the front some nice componants 3 ways would be best (sub,mid,high) and for the rear doors some 2 way or 3 way coix and as big and as deep as the door will fit. i know you dont get alot of depth in the fronts but the backs arnt that much of a prob as there more room to play with.
or another way
3 or 2 way compn in the front and not sure of the size cant remember what size you can go up to but get hold of the biggest that will fit 2 free air subs you have to make sure there free air cos there work the best and you wont blow them as there made for use with out a silled box and have these running off an amp atleast 100w RMS now amp type the best amp for power and money and will last for years that i rec would be a mono MTX road thunder very very good.
now to head units
i wouldnt bother with an expensive double din waste of time and money, get yours self a good single din and the bit you can get from halfords to fill the rest of the gap.
Head units not to get
pioneer (you dont get so much bass from these as there set up for euro style of sound)
sony (good sound but wil age very quickly laser's arent that great will get jumping and skipping after around a year and a half, plus inter amp's tend to blow if your running powerfull speakers off them)
and any cheap unit under £80 (just not worth it and look cheap)

Head units i would rec
Alpine (well you just cant go wrong sound will allways be ex so much to tweak and set up to how you like to hear your music or mp3's/wma and verp powerful int amp's)
Claron (very very good sound cant be fiddly to use)
kenwood( nice sound but cheaply made)
Blupunk (very nice sound easy to use can take some getting use to)
I really wouldn't want to get involved in them front door speakers again. I think your right about the single din. Double dins are a fortune and I don't suppose they are any better. I've never had alpine before I've always gone for Kenwood and Hifonics but i'd give the Alpine HU a go. I don't want masses amount of bass as I used to have 2 12in subs running off a 1000 Hifonics amp but just a bit of bass so it sounds good but not so people can hear me coming down the road.
Old 01 November 2005, 07:20 PM
paulg1979
Scooby Regular

i have 3 power cable going though the bulkhead into the engine bay, not really that hard just use the same gromet hole that the fuse box or the electics use these drop out just behind the glove box, thing to do it get a philips screw driver and do one wire at a time, tape with gaffer tape the wire to the long screw drive and gently push it though.
where abouts are you based?
Doesn't sound to much of a trauma. I'm in Bexley. Near Dartford. do you know it?
Old 01 November 2005, 07:22 PM
paulg1979
Scooby Regular

active's dont really do it for me but some people like them just means the box or tube has a built in amp, and trust me with an alpine you wont need to run you norm speakers off an amp, i did at first then thought i'd see what it would be like coming out of the head unit int amp and i was amazed the quilty was alot better plus can mess around with all the freq for each speaker, i will not go back to 2 amps now just use one for the 3 12" subs and the head unit for the rest
It seems that Alpine is the way to go. What model Alpine HU have you got?
Old 01 November 2005, 07:22 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Doesn't sound to much of a trauma. I'm in Bexley. Near Dartford. do you know it?
I too used to have Hifonics amps and really rated them, your not far from me as i'm in Eltham
Old 01 November 2005, 07:26 PM
paulg1979
Scooby Regular

I too used to have Hifonics amps and really rated them, your not far from me as i'm in Eltham
Thats strange. There never seems to be anyone on here that lives near me. How long you had the scooby?
Old 01 November 2005, 07:28 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

I really wouldn't want to get involved in them front door speakers again. I think your right about the single din. Double dins are a fortune and I don't suppose they are any better. I've never had alpine before I've always gone for Kenwood and Hifonics but i'd give the Alpine HU a go. I don't want masses amount of bass as I used to have 2 12in subs running off a 1000 Hifonics amp but just a bit of bass so it sounds good but not so people can hear me coming down the road.
sorry no dont know where you are lol im in bournemoth, well there is so much you can do with an alpine, so may diff ways to set up the sound, some have it so the bass will never get louder than the full range speakers,kenwoods do sound nice but not a touch on an alpine you can change all the sound feilds lots and lots of stuff, i have had lots of dif make of head units but have found alpine to be the best, have had 4 units from alpine first was a secondhand one as at the time couldnt afford anything better, then upgraded to a cd player the to a cd player that plays mp3's and wma and now i have a multi media alpine set up (screen's etc) i wouldnt buy anything else
Old 01 November 2005, 07:33 PM
paulg1979
Scooby Regular

sorry no dont know where you are lol im in bournemoth, well there is so much you can do with an alpine, so may diff ways to set up the sound, some have it so the bass will never get louder than the full range speakers,kenwoods do sound nice but not a touch on an alpine you can change all the sound feilds lots and lots of stuff, i have had lots of dif make of head units but have found alpine to be the best, have had 4 units from alpine first was a secondhand one as at the time couldnt afford anything better, then upgraded to a cd player the to a cd player that plays mp3's and wma and now i have a multi media alpine set up (screen's etc) i wouldnt buy anything else
I'm def going for the alpine then. I'm going to have a browse through ebay I'd like the screen but I'm guessing they are gonna be a fortune. Maybe i'll get all my christmas money together and buy one. I was in bournemouth last weekend working. Nice place. Near the hospital. JD Morden.
Old 01 November 2005, 07:34 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Thats strange. There never seems to be anyone on here that lives near me. How long you had the scooby?
1 1/2 years of very happy motoring
Old 01 November 2005, 07:40 PM
paulg1979
Scooby Regular

1 1/2 years of very happy motoring
I bet with that sort of BHP it feels amazing. Mines 215BHP with ninja and performance air filter. I want more power. Where did you get yours mapped to get that power i want it?
Old 01 November 2005, 07:44 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

I bet with that sort of BHP it feels amazing. Mines 215BHP with ninja and performance air filter. I want more power. Where did you get yours mapped to get that power i want it?
I'll send you a PM later on as i've got to go out to Bluewater for a Jap car meet , you could always come along and have a word with me.
Old 01 November 2005, 07:51 PM
paulg1979
Scooby Regular

I'll send you a PM later on as i've got to go out to Bluewater for a Jap car meet , you could always come along and have a word with me.
I won't be able tonight as I'm picking my girlfriend up soon but PM if you could and I'll def go to the next one if you can let me know when it is
Old 01 November 2005, 07:53 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

I won't be able tonight as I'm picking my girlfriend up soon but PM if you could and I'll def go to the next one if you can let me know when it is
It's every other Tuesday in the carpark (top floor) by the cinema at Bluewater, why not also check out http://bbs.sidc.co.uk/categories.cfm?catid=24
Old 01 November 2005, 07:53 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

need anymore help or advice pm me, went to interpro on sunday on the rolling road with my std 2003 wrx with just a afterburner vortex rear box and boost lifted to 15 and a half psi an got 268bhp and 250 torque. do any of you go to any of the jap shows? i was at southwest motor show this year on the scooby stand and the jap show at santa pod (the last one) on the All_Torqure stand
Old 01 November 2005, 07:58 PM
paulg1979
Scooby Regular

need anymore help or advice pm me, went to interpro on sunday on the rolling road with my std 2003 wrx with just a afterburner vortex rear box and boost lifted to 15 and a half psi an got 268bhp and 250 torque. do any of you go to any of the jap shows? i was at southwest motor show this year on the scooby stand and the jap show at santa pod (the last one) on the All_Torqure stand
I've never been to a jap show but would like to go. I'm going to try bluewater in a cople of tuesdays time. I'd love more BHP. Does it feel alot different?
Old 01 November 2005, 07:59 PM
paulg1979
Scooby Regular

It's every other Tuesday in the carpark (top floor) by the cinema at Bluewater, why not also check out http://bbs.sidc.co.uk/categories.cfm?catid=24
I'll try that out on the next tuesday it is on. Will you be down there then?
Old 01 November 2005, 10:55 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

I'll try that out on the next tuesday it is on. Will you be down there then?
yes i'll be down there