ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Advice on speakers please

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2005, 04:35 PM
Carina
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on speakers please

Having trusted advice from an ICE place in Manchester, I have a decent head unit, Alpine CDA-9831, but got lumbered with two sets of mediocre/bad speakers, Lanzar VX630 and In-phase XT 62.

The install is p1ss poor on the front doors - you can now hear the front speakers rattling in the doors as you close them.

Where do I go from here, have been to a different recommended outfit (K & M Acoustics) who suggested I replaced the front set of Lanzar VX630's with a set of CDT Audio CL51's for £220 plus £30 fitting, and then install a Planet Audio VX2004 amp for £280 (free fitting).

So should I just get the Lanzars installed right (cost £45.00) and hope they're ok, and get the head unit set up by some helpful person at JAE, or are these guys @ K& M talking sense about replacing with the CDTs?

I don't want to go cruising around with the window down trying to deafen passers-by, just want a decent sound (for mostly rock music) and doors that don't vibrate if I turn the volume up above 10!

A lot of you guys seem to know your stuff so any advice? Please help so I don't get fleeced again.

Carina
x
Old 13 July 2005, 01:41 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Sounds like poor fitting to start with - get the door cards off and see if everythings been tightened up nicely. Did you get any soundproofing like dynomat installed in the doors also as it might help a lot. Not much point in shelling out for new speakers if you're going to be faced with the same problem afterwards.
Old 14 July 2005, 05:28 PM
willy
Scooby Regular

Hmm I think I know where u had the stuff installed.
You dont need lots of cash to have half decent sound.
PM me if you`d like some advice.

Old 14 July 2005, 07:30 PM
ScoobyDoo69
Scooby Senior

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

the inphase xt62's are great speakers, it seems as if you've just had problems with fitting, both my sons run them in the front of their cars, one being a mini the other being a classic scooby, they didnt seem so great before amped.. but theyve both got them running on amps, and they're more than strong enough!
which speakers do you have mounted where and for what shape of scooby? might be able to give you some advice?

SD69