ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

New to all this !

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2005, 05:53 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to all this !

Have just got a Saab 9-3 which came with a tape player so I have replaced it with the Panasonic CD/MP3 player from my other car, have also put in the Sony 6*9's I had spare as well, sounds ok and the standard front speakers seem to cope but I was wondering how to improve it a bit without spending loads.

Do the standard speaker wires cope ok with the demands of a head unit to 6*9's ?

i.e. a bit more bass, do want earth shaking bass but a little more authority wouldnt go amiss, would it be case of amplifying the 6*9's (the head unit has 2 sets of pre outs) or just fitting a sub of some description, would prefer not to for the sake of practicality, not sure whether the the 6*9's are being driven hard enough or just arent that good (sony Xplod 4 way, xs-f6942) as they are only cheap but 6*9s seem cheap these days anyway.

So for not a vast ammount of money how can I give it more oompf ?
Old 04 April 2005, 06:21 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My money would go on upgrading the fronts, and possibly fitting a set of 6x9 subs with an amp like Pauleds' has got - 150 quid for the sub/amp combo, and 100 quid upwards for a nice set of front speakers...

BTW, I wouldn't worry massively about upgrading the cabling. Do that if/when you feel the need to add an amp
Old 04 April 2005, 09:06 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chairk, cheers for that, I will start looking at some new front speakers, in fact my brother said he has some lurking about that may b of use, the Saab standard ones arent as bad as I thought they would be !