Help please fitting Clarion headunit to 97 UK

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2005, 06:17 PM
Aaron
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please fitting Clarion headunit to 97 UK

Hi,

I am in the process of fitting a Clarion DRB3675R head unit to my 97 UK Scooby, but I'm having problems fixing it in. To be honest I think it's a problem to do with the head unit rather than car, but any advice would be appreciated. The head unit does not have the springy fixing clips and oversize facia like the standard radio, so it simply slides in and doesn't fix... This is presumably because I need a new cage? Is it possible to get these? I took the stereo out of my old car and the cage in that doesn't seem right either.

Additionally, I notice that there is a separate earthing spade clip attached to the body of the factory radio labelled 'AMP' am I safe to leave this out if not using an external amp? The new radio doesn't have the spade terminal.

Finally, just a warning that Halfords said I needed a wiring harness and flogged me one for £11 but in fact my 97 car has standard ISO wiring... be warned!

Many thanks for any info/advice.

Aaron
Old 21 February 2005, 01:53 AM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

Had you purchased the head-unit from new, or 'used' and perhaps the cage isn' the right one(?) It should simply lock into place and need a couple of metal prongs (or skinny screwdrivers) to somehow release it. If you think you might need another cage, a quick Google search has revealed these chaps;

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/OEM_Head_uni...es/clarion.htm

Hope this helps.

Jonts.
Old 21 February 2005, 09:09 PM
Aaron
Scooby Regular

Thanks very much for the link, that looks promising... It came with my old car I didn't buy it, so the cage is probably wrong.

Anyone know about the earthing plug labelled 'AMP'?

Also, I know it is a popular topic here, but any suggestions for front coaxial speakers that will fit the '97 UK spec car, but don't cost too much (£30-40).

Many thanks, Aaron