ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Electronic Bass X-Overs???

Search this Thread

Old 01 January 2005, 02:30 PM
PICKLE
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Electronic Bass X-Overs???

Hi there, just lately I have had a problem with the ICE in my car!

I have 4x OE speakers connected to Headunit, and the only other extra ICE I've installed is as follows:

1x Kenwood amp (3-4yrs old)
1x Pine (anyone remember them! ) Electronic Sub X-over
1x Sony Pentagon 12" Sub in a box

I had no trouble with this set up before, been in the car for 3yrs+ (Sub was changed thats all)

Had the RCA's going into the X-over, then out of that & into the Amp (bridged for the sub)

Now I have the engine rumbling through the Sub (doesn't increase with revs tho!) so I have removed the X-over from the set-up and all is OK. Earth seemed OK

This very,very similar to the one I removed!

Question Is: Can you still get these types of Electronic Sub X-over as I would like to replace mine, as It definitely was a better sound with it, as the Amp doesn't have a very good filter on it all!!

I have been out of the ICE scene for a while (grew up!) and don't see the X-overs advertised anywhere anymore, as the new amps tend to have them built in

Any advice??

Last edited by PICKLE; 01 January 2005 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01 January 2005, 07:53 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres no sub sonic filter on it then?? These type of filters can be set to 20Hz to cut out any subsonic noise problem, my Viper amp has one on but I don't have to use it.

I used to have this problem when I run my kenwood KAC-923 amp in bridged mode for my sub, the sub would move around on its own without the volume turned on, never did sort this problem out until I replaced the Kenwood with the Viper, the problem went, maybe a better power supply in the viper amp.

Another thing is check your Earth's and make sure there all good also check you RCA cables for any breaks in the sheilding. Haven't shorted the 12v supply onto the rca inputs have you??

I had a x-over very similar to this sitting around the house, don't know where it is now.

Lea

Pickle, have a look at this http://www.bassjunkies.com/index.php...l&source=brand I know its two way but it does have a sub X-over

Last edited by BigRed; 01 January 2005 at 08:06 PM.