Front Speaker Wiring Problems 03 Sti :S

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2004, 09:12 AM
vash
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Front Speaker Wiring Problems 03 Sti :S

Hi

I have some Infinity 6000 that i have followed all the guides to fit, thats not the problem.

What confuses me is that :

1) Theres 4 wires going to the front speakers 2 pos 2 net, and a set of wires going to the tweeter! Do i connect all 4 of the wires that did go to the speaker to the input on the cross over of my new speakers?

2) Is there a cross over somewhere already in the car that is already connected to the standard tweeters the i need to remove or work around?

The Infinitys come with a crossover, basically I just need to know what wires are best to connect to the input on that crossover

Thanks
Old 29 June 2004, 10:01 AM
BAH
Scooby Regular

Use the x-over that came with your speekers, the only crossover on the car is the one on the back of the OEM Tweeter wich you will be removing.

All i did was connect the input in the infinity x-over to either the tweeter or main speeker cable in the door doesnt matter which, then run your new cables from the x-over to the new woofer and new tweeter.
Old 29 June 2004, 03:12 PM
vash
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that!

Do i use just one set of the wires that was going to my old speaker for the crossover input?

Im getting some buzzing, i think it might be the inside door pannel Did you get that at all?
If so how did you solve it?

Also the radio pick up on my new head unit is really weak, i have made sure that i have plugged in the ariel nice and tight any idea?

Thanks
Old 29 June 2004, 07:38 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

For the radio - make sure the blue 'remote' is connected. This powers the aerial amp ( the black box under the parcel shelf)

4 speaker wires??? Mine were terminated with a T connector.