ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Bargain JL 6 Channel Amp...

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2004, 04:41 PM
Dan J
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bargain JL 6 Channel Amp...

Hi all, I recently purchased this amp from a very well respected guy on the Talk Audio forum for an install I was planning to do. Unfortunately due to a change in circumstances I will no longer be going ahead with the install and therefore I no longer have a need for this amp. All it's done is sit in it's box on my bedroom floor since I bought it a couple of weeks ago! This amp has hardly been in a car as the guy I bought it off just had it sitting in his flat also as he runs a competition car.

The specs he gave me on it are as follows - this is a real bargain for somebody. Not looking to make any money on this just what I paid for it which is £250.

Specifications:

Rated Power (stereo):
45W RMS x 6 @ 4 ohm (12.5V);
75W RMS x 6 @ 2 ohm (12.5V)
Rated Power (bridged):
90W RMS x 3 @ 8 ohm (12.5V);
150W RMS x 3 @ 4 ohm (12.5V)

Dimensions:
17.7" x 9.25" x 2.36"

First off, if you know JL audio you will know they are famous for their "conservative" ratings on their products, and the amps are no exception - with a decent battery and cabling to suit i would expect this amp to produce about 40% over these ratings in dynamic headroom.

As you can see this is ample power for either running a competition quality 3 way active set up, a 2 way active set up with 1 or 2 subs, front, rear and 1 or 2 subs, or even to just put half a kilowatt RMS into 3 subs to upset your neighbours.

You could even run some 6x9's off it, however i would hope you would rather remove your ears with a rusty ladel before doing this

These amps cost £400 new, and you will be doing well to get a discount. It was bought in August and comes with the remainder of the UK warranty with it!!!