Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2004, 01:31 AM
DJNafey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up NOW SOLD - Budget subs, box and amp for sale

UPDATE: SOLD ON FRIDAY 27TH FEB.

For sale:
This isn't a Mickey Mouse DIY job - this is Longmill's complete subs-and-well-matched-box combo.

Longmill 2 x 10" subs in nice-looking well-built ported box, carpeted in black with blue flecks, perspex front panel so you can see the cones, typical gold-plated speaker terminals, low-current power terminal on the side so that you can fit a neon / fluorescent tube inside the box behind the perspex. Good condition. Used regularly but looked after properly.

Bought from a mate a couple of years ago so I can't confirm technical data but I believe they are 300w max for each sub. From listening to them, I would guess that they are rated down to about 30Hz. Designed for punchy bass more than jaw-dropping rumbles - these have sounded great for trance, happy hardcore and speed garage. Not the best for drum 'n' bass (need 12" subs really) but I have been known to cruise around from time to time chucking out The Prodigy at respectable volumes!

Boss Sound (aka Jetsound? / "Les Smith cheapie") 360w max. 2-channel MOSFET amp. Purple. Bass, treble and gain controls. Subwoofer crossover. Low-level inputs. Does the job well enough but has been in and out of the car a lot so it doesn't look brand new any more. Could do with a wipe over with a damp J-cloth!

In the back of my mate's Fiesta, it rattled all his panels so much, he wrote it off! I whipped them straight out and put them in the back of my Mini, where they literally made my glasses vibrate so much, I couldn't see where I was going properly if it was too loud. I kid ye not - don't be fooled by the budget price.

£80 is all that I'm asking for the whole lot. Priced to sell quickly - collection from Crawley (near Gatwick) by Sunday 22nd Feb. I am not open to offers - this is a bargain!

Please don't ask me to consider posting this lot - the box is a well-built one out of thick MDF and it weighs a ton!

Pics and dimensions to follow tomorrow evening if required.

Last edited by DJNafey; 27 February 2004 at 11:27 PM.
Old 18 February 2004, 05:21 PM
Brian the Sn@il
Scooby Senior

Bargain !!
Old 19 February 2004, 02:24 AM
DJNafey
Scooby Regular

Hello? Where....is.....every......body......?!
Old 21 February 2004, 04:29 PM
DJNafey
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Can't believe I've had no response to this yet! Maybe you want some pictures?!

Old 21 February 2004, 07:08 PM
mr WRX
Scooby Regular

Wink

Sound's good to me, (get it sound's)

Ok Ok Crap I know,

Anyway as posted Bargin, I'll take them off you, Give us a call tomorrow (sunday) after 1pm to sort out collecting (playing footie in the morning)

07973 818 452
Old 25 February 2004, 01:03 PM
DJNafey
Scooby Regular

Hello mate. Sorry I didn't reply - got no notification of your reply from Scoobynet and this page didn't seem to be updating when I was checking it. I have texted you to ask if you're still interested.

Nathan.
Old 26 February 2004, 01:22 AM
DJNafey
Scooby Regular

Hmmm, texted u at lunchtime and u said u were still interested and would call me this evening but I didn't hear from you

Will wait and see if I hear from you tomorrow (Thursday) and, if not, I guess that these will be back on the market.
Old 27 February 2004, 11:35 PM
DJNafey
Scooby Regular

Sold to Mr WRX this evening. Cheers mate, hope you enjoy them.

Forgot to say that I haven't used them for the last 2 or 3 months so run them fairly low for an hour or so to loosen them up before you set the levels on the amp. Most people don't look after their speakers like they ought to - Every time I put mine on, I always run them for a few minutes at half to three-quarters of the volume that I actually want ..... before turning them up to the optimum level that I've set them up for. Might sound a bit over the top to a lot of people but it's just like the engine in your car - you wouldn't red-line it when it was cold! You can really hear the benefits when you "warm up" your speakers properly.
Old 28 February 2004, 07:46 AM
mr WRX
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hey,
Nice 1 matey, good advice thanks, I'll look after them don't worry......

Cheers.