Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

CD changer

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2002, 02:48 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My changer was new about 6 months ago. I left it in the footwell in the back (loose) while I plotted and schemed what else I planned to do to the car... So I don't know what you'll find regarding double skinnedness - sorry! I would imagine that it could double skinned, as the chassis is quite stiff...I don't know - never taken the seats out.

The lead I got was 5 metres or so long, so reaching anywhere is not a problem.

As for cable routes - if you take the kick panels off the pasenger side, and carefully pel back the carpet you will find the brake lines in plastic clips. There is a space for at least one more pipe (or cable ) in this area Just be careful to run the power to any amps you may have well away from the changer cable.

The area around the dash is a bit of a pain. I found it helped to remove the glovebox. (A thin (6 disc) changer may fit in the glovebox...)

Will try to do photos when I get home.

Edit: Missing brackets... English problems as well... One day I'll learn to type. Grrr....

[Edited by dnb - 12/10/2002 3:32:23 PM]
Old 12 October 2002, 09:04 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

Here's the pics as promised. The changer is offset to the left a little, and the boot light has been moved to the right.

[Edited by dnb - 12/10/2002 9:07:25 PM]
Old 09 December 2002, 07:31 PM
pcdude
Scooby Regular

Guys just found out i got a cd changer under the passengers seat , i want to move this to the boot as the kids stand on and kick it , now my question is

A) Its bolted to the floor , if i remove the bolts will i need to fill holes left behind , ie do the bolts go right through to the outside .

B) will the cable be long enough to reach the rear , if not can you buy a exstention lead , (its a din type plug )

Also whats the best route to take to the boot ? and wheres the best place to mount it in the boot ?

cheers
Old 10 December 2002, 01:25 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

I have just mounted my changer in the boot (the lead was easily long enough without extensions... but you can get new leads if you need to, IIRC they are expensive! )

I put mine on the underside of the back shelf so that it is out of the way. It had to be mounted on wooden wedges so that the caddy would come out without catching on the bodywork, but other than that, no promlems. I can probably get some pics done shortly if you like. (The rest of the install isn't done, so please excuse the partially dismantled car...)

I would try to fill up the holes left by the old changer mountings. Easiest way I can think of would be to put some short bolts in with largeish washers top and bottom. Don't forget to check the undersealing!
Old 10 December 2002, 01:35 PM
pcdude
Scooby Regular

thx dnb, so your changer was under the passengers seat too ? where was the lead ? was it coiled up under the seat too ? also what route did you take to the boot pls ,,,,,,,,,,, also i heard the scoob is double skinned on the flooring only , when you removed your bolts was there any holes underneath the car?

Also pics would be great

thx again

Cheers Paul
Old 10 December 2002, 03:04 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

What MY? The classic shape certainly aren't double skinned down there...
Old 10 December 2002, 09:14 PM
pcdude
Scooby Regular

thx dnb