Woodstock Illumination

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2002, 11:46 AM
Rich B
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi,

Seen a few post a month or two back about Blaupunkt woodstocks and getting them to dim with the head lights on Scoobs, Anybody managed to crack the problem yet? Everything appears wired correctly using one of the harness convertors but no go.

PS MY02.

Cheers

Rich B
Old 22 September 2002, 04:11 PM
LoFi
Scooby Regular

I'd also be interested in a reply to this. I've checked the wiring on the back of my Woodstock and it all seems connected to the right wire for illumination (same as my Defi connected for illumination) but it doesn't dim with the lights on. Use autoleads standard subaru-ISO converter. I fact keep finding I'm driving with the lights on during the day

Oddly the specs on the blaupunkt site don't mention dimming but only "Night design red". Can someone confirm that it does actually dim.

Piers LoFi
Old 22 September 2002, 04:27 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Check again - my old Clio had a blaupunkt unit and that had a wire in a different place to ISO standard... I only know this because I had to dick around to get my kenwood unit to dim
Old 22 September 2002, 04:40 PM
LoFi
Scooby Regular

I'm pretty sure the wire marked illumination on the autoleads ISO converter goes to pin 6 of block B on the head unit, which is right according to the back of the manual. All a bit odd.

I know fubar and audioGman have experience of this unit, do their's dim?

Piers LoFi
Old 22 September 2002, 08:23 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I had a very similar looking but slightly older blaupunkt (Casablanca CD50) in my previous car. It never dimmed. The only thing turning the lights on did was to illuminate the little knobbly bit in the middle of the volume control if the unit was turned off. This was using the plug that was already in the car for the OEM blaupunkt unit, so I'm assuming the wiring was correct.

My new blaupunkt (Los Angeles MP72) dims as you would expect off the standard autoleads adaptor.

Putting together those two facts, I would guess that you don't get much in the way of dimming with the woodstock, but I can't say for certain.

Don't know if that helps that much?

Phil
Old 22 September 2002, 09:35 PM
fubar
Scooby Regular

My unit doesn't dim either.
When I installed the unit, I called on all my expertise (none!) and just transferred the cable connectors from the old unit to the new.
Haven't actually checked if the leads are actually wired up to the correct terminals.
Has anyone done this check??

Old 22 September 2002, 09:38 PM
LoFi
Scooby Regular

I'm pretty sure they are connected right, provided the autoleads ISO converter is right.

Piers LoFi
Old 23 September 2002, 07:57 PM
Rich B
Scooby Regular

Hmm,

One of the previous threads had a chap who installed one in a Seat leon I think, thnat dimmed with the headlights and also the dash illumination **** thingy (!) so it must be some sort of wiring problem. Anybody know where I can get a wiring diagram ?

Cheers

Rich B
Old 28 September 2002, 01:41 AM
Bruce C
Scooby Regular

I've had mine a couple of weeks now installed by Oxford Car Audio. Mine doesn't dim, but the volume **** lights up when it's off and the lights are on. I'll ask them if they know if it's possible.

Bruce