ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Sony power connectors

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2002, 02:16 PM
breezer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Is there a trick to getting these things off? I've got both MD and CD changers in the boot at the moment, and until I get spare time or take it down the dealer to be sorted, to switch between them I need to unplug it in the boot and swap them over. Not good for keeping it wobble-free and a solid connection long-term, but that's the way it is at the moment (the MD changer's also wedged down between the CD changer and the edge of the boot until I can get it sorted, firm enough not to jump around but obviously not a great solution).

The phono's are fine and standard stereo stuff, but the other 2-hole thing is a b45tard to get off... Is there a trick to it? Don't have to twist/squeeze, or is it just designed not to come off without a good bit of effort?

Also, how much work is involved in taking out enough of the lining to thread the cable round without looking too messy (having my other car to drive to work helps here, as I don't think I'd have enough time in one evening to do it all). Or is it worth just chucking a professional £50 or whatever to do it nicely?

The boot material is easy, you can get to the clips that hold it in and thread the cables round, but not really looked at the rest of the interior and how I'd get it round to the head unit. There needs to be a Haynes manual for it...
Old 19 August 2002, 11:21 PM
audio g man
Scooby Regular

Smile

The Sony bus lead just needs to be wiggled from side to side whilst pulling on it, it should unplug fairly easily.

XA-C30 is the part no. for the source selector.
Old 19 August 2002, 11:36 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

John,

Bus lead needs a squeeze either side to remove it!

Andy

PS - I have the XA-C30 source selector for sale (as I mentioned!)
Old 21 August 2002, 01:05 AM
audio g man
Scooby Regular

Smile

Andy,

I've just had a look at one of mine and you're right. squeezing each side of the plug does move the prongs in a tiny tiny bit although I've never done it b4. Nice