Alpine V12 dramas

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2002, 08:46 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

All,

Fitted a couple of Alpine V12s today. I haven't got a problem with the four channels and that's performing lovely. It's the Sub amp that isn't working as it should. The four channel is a normal type with cross over switches, gain controls, etc.

The Mono amp is a Alpine V12 MRD-M300, and it's menu driven. It seems like there isn't enough gain, and I don't understand the instruction manual, and cant't seem to make the amp work correctly. Has anyone else got one of these and encountered a similiar problem? The normal speakers sound ace, but I haven't any bass PLEASE HELP!!!

Cheers Phill C

PS The infinity CS605 sound so much better when driven with 100 watts RMS, as opposed to the head unit, once again thanks Dr Banks
Old 22 July 2002, 08:01 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Come on someone must have a clue what's wrong ?

Cheers Phill C
Old 22 July 2002, 07:54 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

I'll try and answer this myself

Been around the local car HiFi shops in my area, and one shop hadn't even seen one before (still selling old stock) the other told me to come back later and he'll charge me £30 to sort it out He thinks he knows how to set it up

I thought it can't be that hard (after spending 3 hours yesterday and getting nowhere fast) so I went to a secluded field and had a fiddle

I think where I went wrong yesterday was I had the four channel amp to high, and as part of the MRD-M300 set up process you need to crank the head unit right up almost flat out, this was making me feel sick crawling around in the boot. So I turned the four channel one to minimum, and set the volume to half way on the head unit. I entered the set up process as decribed in the really crap instruction manual, that isn't worth the paper written on. Turning the volume up higher until "overload" LED displays, then knock it back a little, then crank it up again. You must complete the whole setup sequence messing around with cross over points, etc. See easy when you know how, but I wasn't getting anywhere yesterday or this morning

Well pleased with the sound now, after turning the four channel one back up

Cheers Phill C