ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

ISO connector sought

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 1999, 10:25 AM
Campbell
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Anyone got a male ISO connector (ie, the end normally hanging off the head unit)?

I actually only need the plastic shell, as the spade connectors are still attached to the wires from the head unit (I had to remove the original shell to fit the unit to our previous non-ISO equipped car, but of course have now lost the blasted thing!)

I figure someone might just have one of these kicking around their toolbox, having hacked it off to do some clever wiring job for Discotheque quality sounds in their car!

TIA

Campbell

PS - postage will be paid for :-)
Old 03 November 1999, 04:35 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

The end normally hanging off the head unit is female not male. Sex normally refers to casing, not to connections on wires. Aside from this, most head units that are ISO equipped have no plug, just a reeciver for the male plug coming from the car. There are excpetions of couse.

I have probably loads of these things, but can't be exactly sure as I am not sure which end you mean.
Old 04 November 1999, 01:40 PM
Campbell
Scooby Regular

Talking

Ah, thank you for enlightening me, Adam!

Let me clarify. The Pioneer CD Tuner Head Unit (DEH-45R IIRC) has a proprietary plug socket on its casing, which Pioneer then fit with a short cable set, terminating in an ISO connector (now assumed to be *female* from your discussion!). I had hacked this cable set to remove the ISO connector casing, leaving only the spade connectors themselves to connect to our previous car's wiring, and it is this part which I therefore need to replace.

If you have one, I'd gladly relieve you of it for the cost of post & packing!

Cheers

Campbell

PS - I can quite easily engage all the individual spades in the male connector housing, and tidy up with some insulating tape to secure them. But this is not very professional :-)
Old 04 November 1999, 03:27 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

I will do my best to find one for you.
If I do ill stick it in an envelope after asking for your address.

Failing this yo could probably buy one from halfords for around £4 but youd have to remove the wires.

Nonetheless, I will search anyway.
Old 07 November 1999, 01:57 AM
Campbell
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers Adam.

I managed to wire up the head unit today using only the spades and the male connector from the car's wiring loom. Not pretty, but it is secure, and working OK.

Halfords want around £11 for these connectors AFAIK, which is a bit steep for a chunk of plastic!

The heat's off therefore, so don't worry about turning the garage upside down!

Campbell