ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

hatch stereos ???

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2016, 06:26 PM
nikon-man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hatch stereos ???

come on guys what would you recommend for a replacement in my hatch in the way of a stereo so it need to be a double din unit as well....

or if anyone has a good one for sale let me know.....

thanks
Old 25 March 2016, 07:07 PM
Sarg400
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's your budget, do you play cd and what device will be plugged into it?
Old 25 March 2016, 07:25 PM
nikon-man
Scooby Regular

budget is endless so no worry about price..

cd playing yes I do

nothing will be plugged into it unless it had USB then I could play music files but no phone etc

also would like it to be wired into the steering wheel controls
Old 25 March 2016, 07:54 PM
beanys
Scooby Regular

I fitted the pioneer DA 120

very good
Old 25 March 2016, 08:44 PM
Sarg400
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this one and can't fault it full colour illumination to match interior as well

http://www.roadradio.com/Pioneer/AVH...FY9uGwodRUEEoA
Old 26 March 2016, 07:48 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Remember that the standard stereo is wider than a normal double din so you either have to buy side extensions to fill the gap or buy a whole new facia for about 40 quid

I had a really good kenwood in my hatch but swapped back to the standard 330s satnav as it connects up with the car and give you loads of info no other stereos would ,,, wanted a amp though so fitted a little box that converts speaker wires to amp leads so now have the standard unit that I can use any phone with and has a amp connection aswell and still shows me the car data I wanted so happy days

Last edited by domino46; 26 March 2016 at 07:50 AM.
Old 26 March 2016, 08:17 AM
nikon-man
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by domino46
Remember that the standard stereo is wider than a normal double din so you either have to buy side extensions to fill the gap or buy a whole new facia for about 40 quid

I had a really good kenwood in my hatch but swapped back to the standard 330s satnav as it connects up with the car and give you loads of info no other stereos would ,,, wanted a amp though so fitted a little box that converts speaker wires to amp leads so now have the standard unit that I can use any phone with and has a amp connection aswell and still shows me the car data I wanted so happy days
and when you say a 330s sat nav gives you loads of info no other stereo would such as ??

how good is the 330s sat nav for sound

too be honest the last thing I want to do is connect a phone to any stereo
Old 26 March 2016, 09:01 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nikon-man
and when you say a 330s sat nav gives you loads of info no other stereo would such as ??

how good is the 330s sat nav for sound

too be honest the last thing I want to do is connect a phone to any stereo
Give you info like miles left in the tank , average miles being used , throttle position , service interval setting to tell you how long to you service things , you can set the window heater to how long they stay on for plus the steering wheel controls work as I couldn't get them to work with my other stereo but I'm sure it was due to me buying the wrong adapter lol ,, as for sound it's ok but I needed a subwoofer for what I wanted ,, you can buy a kicker one from the states that does add strait onto the standard stereo but it was easier to add the little box and much cheaper than buying all the wiring for the sub ,, the phone is added on via the Center console inputs so if you haven't got them you could possibly add them aswell as its a aux input , red , white and yellow so can be used for a dvd or games console if needed aswell
Old 26 March 2016, 09:48 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Give you info like miles left in the tank , average miles being used , throttle position , service interval setting to tell you how long to you service things , you can set the window heater to how long they stay on for plus the steering wheel controls work as I couldn't get them to work with my other stereo but I'm sure it was due to me buying the wrong adapter lol ,, as for sound it's ok but I needed a subwoofer for what I wanted ,, you can buy a kicker one from the states that does add strait onto the standard stereo but it was easier to add the little box and much cheaper than buying all the wiring for the sub ,, the phone is added on via the Center console inputs so if you haven't got them you could possibly add them aswell as its a aux input , red , white and yellow so can be used for a dvd or games console if needed aswell
Does the "kicker" sub still need wired in for power etc , or is it plug and play ? I have a sub and amp from an old car but the boot is so small I'm reluctant to take up any space. If there was an "optional extra" one (like adding a disc changer for example) I'd buy it . Is there any web links to it ?
Old 26 March 2016, 10:28 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed
Does the "kicker" sub still need wired in for power etc , or is it plug and play ? I have a sub and amp from an old car but the boot is so small I'm reluctant to take up any space. If there was an "optional extra" one (like adding a disc changer for example) I'd buy it . Is there any web links to it ?
The kicker one sits at the side of the boot and is made to fit so doesn't take up much room I don't think

eBay.com then put in Subaru subwoofer so you get the ones from the states come up as they seem to be all over there and you don't get any on our eBay lol ,, as far as I can tell its plug and play with the correct wiring brought for it as my stereo has a output for the sub but it's not a normal sub output like on other stereos
Old 26 March 2016, 11:42 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

The kicker one sits at the side of the boot and is made to fit so doesn't take up much room I don't think

eBay.com then put in Subaru subwoofer so you get the ones from the states come up as they seem to be all over there and you don't get any on our eBay lol ,, as far as I can tell its plug and play with the correct wiring brought for it as my stereo has a output for the sub but it's not a normal sub output like on other stereos
Yeah had a look there. Seems to be plug and play within reason , there's a wiring loom to be taken from stereo to boot but has full picture instructions on how to remove trims etc. There's an american site too , it has a flat "amp" which I'm not sure is an under seat sub but no more details other than a pic.
https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/i...Path=33_99_101

Last edited by CharlySkunkWeed; 26 March 2016 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Added link
Old 26 March 2016, 12:15 PM
0002STI
Scooby Newbie

Default Satnav

Try this on eBay 111923128349..
Old 26 March 2016, 12:21 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 0002STI
Try this on eBay 111923128349..
Looks good , heres the link
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...128349&alt=web
Old 26 March 2016, 05:49 PM
nikon-man
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed
and would that unit need to be programmed when fitted etc to make it fully working ?????
Old 26 March 2016, 07:21 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

and would that unit need to be programmed when fitted etc to make it fully working ?????
Wouldn't have a clue but i guess so. I took mine out the other day and when i put it back in it said "security" or "code" or something. I thought "ah ***** , I'm going to have to get a code from somewhere" but as soon as i turned the ignition on it must be coded to my car as it worked. Probably something a dealer could sort easily.
Old 26 March 2016, 10:08 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

needs coded in to work