Notices
Group Buys Post your Group Buy and subscribe to existing group buys here!

ESL chip GB (similar to scoobyecu)

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2007, 12:23 PM
Ritch96
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESL chip GB (similar to scoobyecu)

A couple of these groupbuys have been run succesfully on here so lets try for another!

Direct from the Enduring solution's website........

The ESL ECU Daughterboard has been designed to allow pre 1996 Imprezas to be remapped. It has been designed to emulate the long obsolete Fujitsu 27C1028 EPROM. Using modern design and surface mount production techniques we have overcome the issue of obsolescence and will be supporting this product for the foreseeable future.

The key features of our map include:

- Increase in boost to 1.1bar

- Improved boost control

- Modified ignition timing to make the remap suitable for UK super unleaded fuels without the need for Octane Booster

- Removal of the vehicle speed limiter for imported vehicles.

The product is suitable for any pre August 1996 Impreza. Different maps have been developed for different cars so we need to know the model year and model type when ordering.

More info here....
http://www.enduringsolutions.co.uk/

I have been in touch with Andy at Enduring solutions and he can do the same deal as last time. In short, that means we need 5 people so that the all in price is £175 each. They normally retail at £195 with £5 postage.

If you have a uk car/ecu then it is plug and play, instructions on website. If you have a JDM car then you may require a socket soldering or an exchange ecu. I believe an additional charge is made for this by ESL unless you can sort yourself.

Plenty of users on here will be able to help with any questions and the guys at ESL are very friendly and helpful.

I was thinking that we could run this for a couple of weeks depending on interest. So i'll start......

1. Ritch96 - UK turbo saloon TDO5 decat/panel filter

Last edited by Ritch96; 05 February 2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Price sorted.
Old 26 January 2007, 05:35 PM
classicwrx
Scooby Regular

2. classicwrx -Jap import WRX 95 M reg decat,HKS induction,front mount
Old 28 January 2007, 10:26 AM
Ritch96
Scooby Regular

Old 28 January 2007, 10:31 AM
tim.gilbert23
Scooby Regular

Never used these guys...

However, there "technology partner" is PTS of Luton.... Do a search on the threads...

Tim
Old 30 January 2007, 07:49 PM
Ritch96
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tim.gilbert23
Never used these guys...

However, there "technology partner" is PTS of Luton.... Do a search on the threads...

Tim
A search of "ESL chip" will also give a lot of information on the product that this groupbuy is about.

Plenty of time for people to mull this over. Will look at wrapping it up mid feb.

Cheers
Ritchie.
Old 31 January 2007, 09:41 PM
Lee D T
Scooby Regular

Default ESL Chip

Put me down for one, I'll probably get out bidded on the Scooby ecu I'm bidding on.

Originally Posted by classicwrx
2. classicwrx -Jap import WRX 95 M reg decat,HKS induction,front mount
3. MY 95 STI RA Centre decat, panel filter (Lee DT)
Old 02 February 2007, 04:13 PM
classicwrx
Scooby Regular

Sorry mate taking myself of this list got a APEXI POWER FC COMMANDER on the way, cheers but sorry
Old 02 February 2007, 04:14 PM
classicwrx
Scooby Regular

2. MY 95 STI RA Centre decat, panel filter (Lee DT)
Old 04 February 2007, 03:15 PM
Ritch96
Scooby Regular

Old 07 February 2007, 06:01 PM
Ritch96
Scooby Regular

Was hoping for more response than this by now?? If anybody frequents other boards and posts a link to this it would be much appreciated.

Only three more needed, Andy has been in touch and is ready to go with this soon as.
Cheers
Ritchie.
Old 08 February 2007, 02:03 PM
funsizecar
Scooby Newbie

Default ELS chips

Please add me to the list: JDM Impreza saloon '92, decat downpipe, panel filter.
Old 08 February 2007, 02:47 PM
Ritch96
Scooby Regular

3. Funsizecar - JDM Impreza saloon '92, decat downpipe, panel filter
Old 08 February 2007, 05:07 PM
Lee D T
Scooby Regular

Rich96

When are you wrapping this group buy up?
I could do with buying a chip soon.
Old 08 February 2007, 06:04 PM
Ritch96
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee D T
Rich96

When are you wrapping this group buy up?
I could do with buying a chip soon.

Lee,

I'm ready to go ASAP, but we do need 5 of us to obtain the price of £175 all in. When there are five names we can all sort payment direct to Andy at ESL. Fingers crossed there are a couple more "early shape" owners out there who want to benefit from this chip. Hold on tight there mate and I'm sure they'll appear!!
Old 08 February 2007, 09:50 PM
John Stevenson
Scooby Regular

Default I'm confused !

I thought the purpose of a group buy was to save some money for those involved ?
I bought a couple of these recently for £150 + delivery (£5 iirc), fitted them to a road car and a friends RA Hillclimb car.
Transformed both cars. The hillclimb car made 272bhp at the wheels with nothing more than a Decat & Dawse device for boost control new shape intercooler and on a standard TD05.

I got them from Imprezaturbs on 22B.com

---john---
Old 08 February 2007, 10:04 PM
Lee D T
Scooby Regular

Hi,

I've just checked on the site and I cannot find any link to the chips or Imprezaturbs.
Any idea who to contact?

Originally Posted by John Stevenson
I thought the purpose of a group buy was to save some money for those involved ?
I bought a couple of these recently for £150 + delivery (£5 iirc), fitted them to a road car and a friends RA Hillclimb car.
Transformed both cars. The hillclimb car made 272bhp at the wheels with nothing more than a Decat & Dawse device for boost control new shape intercooler and on a standard TD05.

---john---
Old 08 February 2007, 10:20 PM
John Stevenson
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee D T
Hi,

I've just checked on the site and I cannot find any link to the chips or Imprezaturbs.
Any idea who to contact?
Looks like I was too slow and the Thread starter beat me to it

22B Bulletin Board: ESL Chip for early classic.

Last edited by John Stevenson; 08 February 2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08 February 2007, 10:23 PM
John Stevenson
Scooby Regular

Also I bought two from Andy so I'm sure he would honour the current number if you asked nicely. Doddle to fit by the way, I'm ****e with a soldering iron and I managed.

---john---
Old 08 February 2007, 10:42 PM
Lee D T
Scooby Regular

Ritch96,

What do you want to go for then fella?
Old 08 February 2007, 10:46 PM
excursionist
Scooby Newbie

Default Add me as well

Please Add me to this Group Buy

94 JDM Import,
Current Setup : Front Mount Intercooler, Walbro 255 FP, Blitz Boost Controller, Blitz Super Sound BOV, SMC Water Injection, Scooby Sport UP and Down Pipes, Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust

Immediate Future mods : Garret GT35R Turbo, 850 CC Injectors, After market Fuel Pressure Reg, Tial 44mm external Wastegate
Old 08 February 2007, 11:27 PM
Ritch96
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by John Stevenson

---john---
Thanks for the input John, it is appreciated! The purpose is of course to save money . I will contact the guy on 22b and see what can be offered. There is four of us on the list now so its gonna happen one way or the other. I don't intend diving in as I've waited long enough as is!

Hold tight on the list chaps, will update as soon as.

Ritchie.
Old 08 February 2007, 11:39 PM
Ritch96
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ritch96
3. Funsizecar - JDM Impreza saloon '92, decat downpipe, panel filter
4. excursionist - LOTS

As requested
Old 09 February 2007, 12:15 AM
John Stevenson
Scooby Regular

No Problem Ritchie, just seemed strange to me that you were all going to pay over the odds. Incidentally, you won't be disapointed, the cars these are fitted to are going like a train
Old 09 February 2007, 03:32 PM
Ritch96
Scooby Regular

Lee DT, funsizecar, excursionist,
YHPM
Old 09 February 2007, 03:48 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Immediate Future mods : Garret GT35R Turbo, 850 CC Injectors, After market Fuel Pressure Reg, Tial 44mm external Wastegate
Id forget trying to run that on a geniuine scooby ecu, a copy or a current ESL board..

And thats not a dig at the boards, just the current mapping software, however this is something Andy @ ESL has addressed. Just watch this space.

David
Old 09 February 2007, 04:10 PM
excursionist
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by David_Wallis
Id forget trying to run that on a geniuine scooby ecu, a copy or a current ESL board..

And thats not a dig at the boards, just the current mapping software, however this is something Andy @ ESL has addressed. Just watch this space.

David
Not gonna run that on that current ECU.. I have my sights set on a stand alone ecu Wolf3d
Old 09 February 2007, 09:06 PM
ESL
Scooby Regular

Hi all

Its Andy from ESL, I can't post under the ESL name anymore as it breaches scoobynet policy.

Someone informed me that a hijack was occuring on this GB, so I thought I'd better clear up any possible confusion.

The boards offered by Imprezaturbs are nothing to do with ESL, I believe his company is Immortal performance.

Both boards do similar jobs, allowing the numbers in the data and code portions of the JECS ECU to be altered. However, these altering these numbers has a profound affect on the way your vehicle runs in terms of performance and safety and you need to make an informed decision as to whose map you will choose.

Scoobynet is an excellent resource in this respect, I would suggest a search for ESL and Immortal and a perusal of the results. At ESL we have sold 70 boards in 2006 and estimate something in the region of half a million miles has been covered by ESL equipped cars.

As for a pre 96 car making 272 at the wheels with a generic postal map, well that equates to 340-350 flywheel hp. Your MAF will have saturated well before you encounter the sort of loads required to reach that target power and if you are on standard 380cc injectors they will be very much in excess of 100% IDC. I'm not sure why the car in question needs a manual boost controller as the boost target and solenoid duty is easily mapped using a JECS ecu and daughterboard. In short, it can't be done with just exhaust, filter and chip mods. I guess you could buy an Immortal map and ask for a refund if the that particular target wasn't acheived .

You could save up to £20 however, so you must judge for yourself.

Excursionist, as David has said, for your specification one of our soon to be released live remappable boards would be better to handle that spec. You will need a host of supporting mods if you wish to take advantage of a turbo of that size including uprated internals and transmission. If you have spec'd up the wolf and it meets your requirements I hope it serves you well.

Cheers

Andy
Old 09 February 2007, 09:35 PM
Ritch96
Scooby Regular

This groupbuy is not going ahead due to an alternative supplier and more competitive price. Andy at ESL has been nothing but helpful and has many satisfied customers on this board.
I have spoken to those already registering interest and collectively we have decided to go ahead with the alternative supplier. It is my opinion that the product will be just as good at a cheaper price but obviously all are welcome, or even encouraged to research this for themselves. The new thread is ......
https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys...-groupbuy.html
Old 09 February 2007, 10:09 PM
LEGACYTURBS
Scooby Regular

Hello
Its Andy from Immortal here.

As discussed with Ritch96 on the phone, anyone not happy with the results will be welcome to a refund.

I might also add to Andy from ESL, I do not wish to enter a public (or private for that matter) feud regarding the sales of similar products, how many you have sold, how many I have sold, etc...
As these debates usually boil down to a petty case of "he said, she said" and ultimately no real good can come from it.
I do hope you feel the same way.

I have heard nothing but good things said about ESL's product, I'm sure its a vice versa situation for you with regard to the Scoobyecu.

All the best and may the force be with you....
Old 09 February 2007, 10:31 PM
borat52
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thoroughly recommend Andy at ESL and his boards, I bought into the first GB he did almost a year ago. Ran my 1993 WRX on that chip untill december this year and covered about 8000 miles, never missed a beat and that was with pleanty of hard driving. In decemeber I bought a map from Anudy to cater for 440cc injectors and a FMIC, again since I fitted these with Andy's map the car has gone like a bullet - so far not a hint of reliability problems and very low knock activity, only problem is my standard clutch has pretty much died on my with the new map!

Quick Reply: ESL chip GB (similar to scoobyecu)