Notices
Group Buys Post your Group Buy and subscribe to existing group buys here!

Demon Tweeks Whiteline Discount

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2006, 12:08 AM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Demon Tweeks Whiteline Discount

I ordered some Whiteline stuff from Dave Featherstone at tweeks today. He asked me to post up on Scoobynet just to let everyone know that they are still running the 15% discount on Whiteline parts (there prices are already very good on Whiteline and with this discount they are even better)!
As a plus point I ordered some non Whiteline stuff and as I had ordered some Whiteline gear he also gave me a discount on the non Whiteline items (this may depend on what else you order though so dont expect it everytime). I have been using Tweeks for years and have always found them helpful and there p+p is very reasonable to

So if you want some cheap Whiteline gear give him a ring on - 01978 663042
Old 07 June 2006, 07:30 AM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds

Ayde, it may help if you actually post the price you paid for each item you purchased (including VAT and delivery), that way people can see how good their prices really are
Old 07 June 2006, 11:16 AM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a few Whiteline bits (ARB etc) from Demon Tweeks recently and didnt know about the discount

Emailed Dave to ask if its too late to add it to my order as it hasnt been finalised yet... fingers crossed!
Old 07 June 2006, 08:08 PM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mo
Ayde, it may help if you actually post the price you paid for each item you purchased (including VAT and delivery), that way people can see how good their prices really are
I would do but I was buying the stuff for someone elses birthday and it would sort of give the game away as they come on here occasionally. Just go on there website and take 15% off there prices simple as that or just give them a ring.
Old 07 June 2006, 09:01 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...=517595&page=3
Old 09 June 2006, 12:09 AM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

For example going from the Tweeks catalogue price - 15% (this price includes VAT):

Adjustable ARB's = £88.01
Fixed ARB's = £70.79

Tweeks are a couple of pounds more for the alloy drop links and anti-lift kits but they also do the steel drop links that come in at £32.40 (front) £32.40 (rear) for the classic.

Their postage is reasonable, so this may make the price lower than the current group buy price anyway.

The other point to take note of whilst you are ordering whiteline gear is that if you order something else non whiteline they may give you a discount on the other items. Say for example a k&n panel filter with 15% off their catalogue price which is what I got. So for the couple of quid difference on the droplinks and the antilift kit these other discounts will more than likely cancel this out.
Old 09 June 2006, 06:18 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Their postage is reasonable.

You want to try living on the line between area 1 and area 2 postage, but your post code puts you into area 2 band. Thus costing £6 extra.
Old 19 June 2006, 03:35 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

just got a set of drop links £48 for the front. dave is a great fella really helpfull
Old 20 June 2006, 05:18 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

i rang dave up on the back of the old whiteline group buy thread and ordered anti lift kit and front and rear sway bars for a newage sti and paid £300 delivered for them took while to get them as they were out of stock and have to be ordered from abroad, but they are here and ready to be fitted now
Old 20 June 2006, 06:05 PM
lee-swindon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moneys
just got a set of drop links £48 for the front. dave is a great fella really helpfull
was that posted???
Old 21 June 2006, 10:40 PM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

I picked myself up a 22mm adjustable rear arb for a classic last week - £88.01 it has transformed the handling of the car!
Old 23 June 2006, 06:46 PM
Subby28
Scooby Newbie

I'm still waiting front and rear 22mm adj sway bars for newage impreza, that I ordered about 2 MONTHS AGO!
20 days ago they told me that at the moment they had no stock on the bars and that they expect restock on 24 june.
I don't know if what they told me is the truth, however 2 months is absurd!
Old 06 July 2006, 01:14 AM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

is this gb still on?
Old 06 July 2006, 09:41 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

yes, just got antilift kit for newage sti
martin
Old 06 July 2006, 09:51 AM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Can someone please explain what the antilift kit does in very basic English?
Old 06 July 2006, 05:57 PM
RIGPIG
Scooby Regular

The Impreza is a poor handling car with great grip. In a pure sense it does NOT handle well, but is saved on the limit by its all wheel drive. The Impreza really tested the original design because of its enormous acceleration. As any Impreza owner will confirm, powering out of corners means nose up and loads of understeer as the weight shifts to the rear and the front tyres scrub for traction. Power launches will see the nose lift while 70% of the available torque tries to find a release through the front wheels. These are the very symptoms that has been succeeded in doing with the anti-lift kit.

So, the anti-lift kit changes the location and geometry of the control arm pick-up point to remove the "lift" resulting from the original geometry. The new mount also relocates the arm in another plane to add 0.5 deg. static positive castor. The new mount also features a performance polyurethane bush which replaces the original high compliance rubber type.

This serves to maintain a closer link between static and dynamic alignment settings through reduced compliance and distortion under load. The 0.5 deg. additional static positive castor coupled with the low compliance bush means over 1.0 deg. more positive dynamic castor.

Lifted fromScoobymania web site.

Hope this helps

Criss...
Old 07 July 2006, 11:34 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by p1doc
yes, just got antilift kit for newage sti
martin
How did you find that?

I should come over and see you, still got your #. I'm planning on doing the whiteline overhaul, just waiting on a price from Dastek.
Old 07 July 2006, 11:35 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SamUK
Can someone please explain what the antilift kit does in very basic English?
It reduces lift
Old 13 July 2006, 10:44 AM
borat52
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ordered front and rear arbs, front and rear alloy drop links and an anti lift kit for a classic on tuesday at 4.45pm from Dave, arrived this morning(thursday) at 9.00am for £378 delivered. Great service and very freindly chap full of usefull advice. Highly Recommended!
Old 13 July 2006, 04:29 PM
Stuart Page
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RIGPIG
The Impreza is a poor handling car with great grip. In a pure sense it does NOT handle well, but is saved on the limit by its all wheel drive. The Impreza really tested the original design because of its enormous acceleration. As any Impreza owner will confirm, powering out of corners means nose up and loads of understeer as the weight shifts to the rear and the front tyres scrub for traction. Power launches will see the nose lift while 70% of the available torque tries to find a release through the front wheels. These are the very symptoms that has been succeeded in doing with the anti-lift kit.

So, the anti-lift kit changes the location and geometry of the control arm pick-up point to remove the "lift" resulting from the original geometry. The new mount also relocates the arm in another plane to add 0.5 deg. static positive castor. The new mount also features a performance polyurethane bush which replaces the original high compliance rubber type.

This serves to maintain a closer link between static and dynamic alignment settings through reduced compliance and distortion under load. The 0.5 deg. additional static positive castor coupled with the low compliance bush means over 1.0 deg. more positive dynamic castor.

Lifted fromScoobymania web site.

Hope this helps

Criss...

To those who've had it done, does it unsettle the car i.e. does it promote a bit of tail out action?! If so, i presume its handy for the track then?!
Old 13 July 2006, 04:48 PM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

Damn couldnt get that 15% discount which was a b*tch... anyway I'm still waiting on my ARB's and its been bloomin ages! From order to delivery you're gonna be waiting about a month it seems!
Old 13 July 2006, 08:34 PM
VJ_STi
Scooby Regular

I spoke to DF last week and ordered alloy rear DL and ALK for a blobeye, he didn't have them in stock so managed to order them direct from whiteline uk arrived a couple of days later AND got the 15% discount. Top man
Old 17 July 2006, 09:30 PM
miltski
Scooby Regular

just ordered adjustable arb and alloy drop links, should be here tomorrow direct from whiteline , dave's a top man, his phone was engaged for about an hour though, so he must be busy!
Old 18 July 2006, 09:39 AM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

just order front and rear alloy droplinks

They come out at £48 each set plus vat delivered

dave also said that they are doing eibach springs with the 15% offer for all subaru's

The springs are £138 plus vat for the 03 sti,so im assuming they are cheaper still for the wrx models

Old 18 July 2006, 02:09 PM
miltski
Scooby Regular

got my arb and droplinks this morning, very please at how quick they came considering i didn't ring till yesterday afternoon
cant wait to get them on!!!
Old 18 July 2006, 05:13 PM
Eprom
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by Ayde
I picked myself up a 22mm adjustable rear arb for a classic last week - £88.01 it has transformed the handling of the car!
Hi Ayde
Thinking of going down this route myself, do you have standard suspension setup?
My car is a MY99, has it reduced the understeer?

Just good to get some feedback from someone who has this setup.
Old 18 July 2006, 06:19 PM
miltski
Scooby Regular

put my arb and droplinks on and just been for a very short test drive, the car feels very different to the old arb and plastic droplinks, i only really got to go round a few small roundabouts, but the difference is very noticable, si i'm very pleased indeed, although my passenger kept banging his head against the side of his chair whilst i was turning sharply round some corners!
Old 18 July 2006, 08:30 PM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Eprom
Hi Ayde
Thinking of going down this route myself, do you have standard suspension setup?
My car is a MY99, has it reduced the understeer?

Just good to get some feedback from someone who has this setup.
I have the whiteline steel droplinks, eibach springs, STI carbon strut brace and prodrive geometry settings so not to standard really. It has reduced the understeer slightly but it just makes the car feel so much more solid and has given me a bit more confidence in it when cornering hard Get one - you wont regret it!
Old 18 July 2006, 08:30 PM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

Only takes 15 mins to fit the rear arb to
Old 18 July 2006, 10:48 PM
Eprom
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Ayde
Only takes 15 mins to fit the rear arb to