Notices

External Wastegate

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2014, 07:46 PM
Furiokid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default External Wastegate

Just wondering if anyone has any pics of their external wastegate installs in a classic? I've searched and know everyone says its a waste of money if not on rotated setup, but fancy a little project and fabricating one up myself but wouldn't mind some pics just to see.
I know Grimmspeed make an uppipe with external wastegate but isn't designed for RHD so guessing it catches on chassis leg and steering column?

Cheers in advance
Old 28 February 2014, 12:43 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

In theory you can make own Up pipe for external wastegate or you can speak with John@Braveheart Developments(BRD),who I highly recommend

Personally I wouldn't brother if you running small turbo(VF range or TD05-16G) and personally i wouldn't run screamer pipe,its too noisy and I can say,external wastegate its awesome and really sounds really nice

But I would add,in US external wategate and screamer is very popular on most of the turbo

Thanks,Jura
Old 28 February 2014, 01:10 PM
Furiokid
Scooby Regular

Thanks Jura. I am running a VF35 and as I say I did use the search function (I know, wow! lol) and I know everyone's said that its a waste of money on small turbos like the VF but just fancied a little project on it and wanted it mainly for the noise .
Thanks for heads up on BRD as I couldn't find anyone in the UK who made them so will look him up for a price.

Thanks again for the advice
Old 02 March 2014, 01:01 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Furiokid
Thanks Jura. I am running a VF35 and as I say I did use the search function (I know, wow! lol) and I know everyone's said that its a waste of money on small turbos like the VF but just fancied a little project on it and wanted it mainly for the noise .
Thanks for heads up on BRD as I couldn't find anyone in the UK who made them so will look him up for a price.

Thanks again for the advice
Hi there

I've seen few cars running EWG on TD04 over in US and seems they gained little bit more with this setup

Yes for sure this can be little project for you and really depends what you want,plumbed to downpipe or as screamer,screamer will be easier to fabricate than plumbed to exhaust

Here is link on the BRD

http://www.braveheartracingdevelopments.com/

I'm sure he will able to help you there

Thanks,Jura
Old 02 March 2014, 10:26 AM
Furiokid
Scooby Regular

I know I read in a few threads that using the internal wastegate and putting a screamer on the downpipe has been done but is a bit of a pikey way of doing it?

I did search for BRD and found that same link and seems like their website is no more, so don't know if he's still trading? I have PM'd Braveheart STI on here as well but no reply so far.

In the meantime will be keeping an eye out for a bigger up pipe still

Cheers again Jura
Old 02 March 2014, 12:44 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Furiokid
I know I read in a few threads that using the internal wastegate and putting a screamer on the downpipe has been done but is a bit of a pikey way of doing it?

I did search for BRD and found that same link and seems like their website is no more, so don't know if he's still trading? I have PM'd Braveheart STI on here as well but no reply so far.

In the meantime will be keeping an eye out for a bigger up pipe still

Cheers again Jura
Screamer pipe and internal wastegate will never give you such sound as is EWG,screamer pipe depends,if you like the noise,then try,but its too noisy for daily drive and its awesome on full chat

Yes he is still trading,please PM him over on 22b or try him over on Facebook,he will reply you soonest as he can

Thanks,Jura
Old 02 March 2014, 12:48 PM
Furiokid
Scooby Regular

Yeah I didn't think internal would have that same sound that I'm wanting .

I'll search for him over on facebook and send him a PM then.

Thanks for the assistance