Notices

Wanting to buy my first scoob

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2014, 07:02 PM
Dan Vickery
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting to buy my first scoob

Hey guys new to this forum was advised by a friend to post on here since you guys gave him good advise.
Basically I have around 3 k to spend on a classic scoob I'm looking for a wrx ideally. sti may be possible depending on insurance where are the best places to look for a tidy example I'm not to fussed on the modifications just the engine being under 100k miles again don't mind if it has been rebuilt obviously rust is a big no no. Just wondering what are the main things I should be looking for fault wise . And if you guys know any clean scoob for sale withing in 200miles of plymouth any advice would be great thanks guys

Dan
Old 15 February 2014, 07:41 PM
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Vickery
Hey guys new to this forum was advised by a friend to post on here since you guys gave him good advise.
Basically I have around 3 k to spend on a classic scoob I'm looking for a wrx ideally. sti may be possible depending on insurance where are the best places to look for a tidy example I'm not to fussed on the modifications just the engine being under 100k miles again don't mind if it has been rebuilt obviously rust is a big no no. Just wondering what are the main things I should be looking for fault wise . And if you guys know any clean scoob for sale withing in 200miles of plymouth any advice would be great thanks guys

Dan
Hi,
If you need any assistance with insurance at all the please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
Old 16 February 2014, 04:34 AM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

Decent sti will cost more than 3k unless your looking for a project, even a wrx or uk 2000 will be a lucky find. Plenty of higher mileage vehicles about. Even the last classics are 14 years old now. Rust is starting to be an issue on many of the vehicles, would check for clutch as that isn't the quickest job to do, this site has a collection of cars for sale, reliable source. Many other sites (gumtree, swaps, ebay) will show a larger collection but mostly aren't worth looking at. You will see many uk2000s being sold as wrx/sti as people don't always know the difference, buy a car based on the paperwork and visual car rather than what the other said,
Old 16 February 2014, 12:11 PM
Dan Vickery
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by blackvenom
Decent sti will cost more than 3k unless your looking for a project, even a wrx or uk 2000 will be a lucky find. Plenty of higher mileage vehicles about. Even the last classics are 14 years old now. Rust is starting to be an issue on many of the vehicles, would check for clutch as that isn't the quickest job to do, this site has a collection of cars for sale, reliable source. Many other sites (gumtree, swaps, ebay) will show a larger collection but mostly aren't worth looking at. You will see many uk2000s being sold as wrx/sti as people don't always know the difference, buy a car based on the paperwork and visual car rather than what the other said,
Thanks for that yeh ive been looking on gumtree and ebay quite a lot of crap on there I may just have to buy a bug or blob eye and try and raise my budget to 3.5
Old 16 February 2014, 02:41 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

ebay, autotrader, pistonheads

sod gumtree
Old 17 February 2014, 08:08 AM
Ukneil21
Scooby Newbie

Check for rust in rear arches / boot floor... I made that mistake